4 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shoggoths Relic Reward and Sealed Gate Sanity Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. Frias
msg tools
Hey everybody,

We had our first (learning) play through and had a great time. Good variation on the mechanics built by Pandemic. I'm excited to fine tune this so we are playing correctly.

Two questions:
1. The Rules state that "A Player who uses 3 actions to defeat a Shoggoth immediately draws a Relic Card..." Does that mean you do not get a Relic Card while using the Hunter's ability that allows you to defeat a Shoggoth for 1 action?

2. Do you get any sanity tokens back from Sealing a Gate while sane? If not, seems to me that it may be beneficial to go insane prior to sealing a gate if you only have one sanity token.

Thanks for any help and clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious about #1 myself but for your 2nd question yes, absolutely don't worry too much about someone going insane if they are about to seal a gate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there. In answer to your first question you still get a Relic if the Hunter uses their special ability to defeat the Shoggoth in 1 action. It's the destruction of the Shoggoth that really earns the Relic.

And no you do not get sanity back by sealing a gate if you are sane. It's only a blessing gained for those afflicted by the beautiful touch of madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Frias
msg tools
Thanks for the quick responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.