Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Ensign
United States
West Haven
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the 2016 NUGG No-Ship Math Trade.

Deadlines:
Last Day to Add Games: Monday October 17, 2016 10PM MDT
Last Day to Submit Want List: Monday October 24, 2016 10PM MDT

Useful Links:
OLWLG - Create your wantlist here
Math Trades - If you're new to Math Trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
OLWLG - Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.

Subscribe to make sure you don't miss anything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought the following clips would be helpful for anyone attempting a math trade for the first time, as it can appear daunting at first glance.

Rahdo Runthrough

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__oGrGjHi4I

Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTds59_PdEk

Part 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3vhzs3Lm-8

There are other videos out there, but I feel that Rahdo does a great job of breaking everything down for someone new to trading.

Cheers!

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks, Mike!

These videos were very helpful.

I am working on prat 2 right now; is it possible to start want-lists yet on this math trade? Or is it not up yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galaxybear wrote:

Thanks, Mike!

I am working on prat 2 right now; is it possible to start want-lists yet on this math trade? Or is it not up yet?

Short answer is no. I create my own Excel spreadsheet myself, but this is definitely not necessary.

The want lists open up once the trades are locked in, which is looking like the 17th of October based on the trade guidelines. We then have a week to complete and submit our want lists to participate in the trade.

Since this is your first math trade, just because you list a game does not mean that it will be automatically traded away. You will determine later on if there is a game worth trading for the game you have listed.

With that in mind, if there are any games that you are on the fence about whether or not you should trade at this time, I would just add them to the list. Later on you can submit a blank want list, which I can explain more if needed, to prevent the game from even being traded away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Msmith10000 wrote:
galaxybear wrote:

Thanks, Mike!

Short answer is no. I create my own Excel spreadsheet myself, but this is definitely not necessary.

Mike, would you mind sending me your excel file that I can use as a template? I'll send you my email in a PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you could start creating a want list at any time, on the OLWLG? And it already has a lot of native functionality to tag games for future perusal, set values for your own items for auto-matching, etc.

I don't have any items in this trade yet, so I can't go verify on the OLWLG just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ytter wrote:
I thought you could start creating a want list at any time, on the OLWLG? And it already has a lot of native functionality to tag games for future perusal, set values for your own items for auto-matching, etc.

I don't have any items in this trade yet, so I can't go verify on the OLWLG just yet.

I tried this morning and could not, but you may be right on this one. It has been awhile since my last math trade. Plus I love Excel...yeah I have a problem. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
ytter wrote:

I just checked and it looks like the option to ADD it to your want list hasn't appeared yet. But all the games seem to be populating into the table correctly.

Scratch that! I just had to go through the proper login process. Now I have the option to add them to my want list.

It's a green light all around, folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Stokes
United States
Providence
Utah
flag msg tools
It Matters Not What You Fight
badge
But What You Fight For
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I have added a number of items to the math trade, but would consider other items from my owned list. Please check out my profile and if you see anything you want added let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
Inquisitor Eisenhorn wrote:
Hey all, I have added a number of items to the math trade, but would consider other items from my owned list. Please check out my profile and if you see anything you want added let me know!

From your owned list, I wouldn't mind a shot at K2, Manhattan Project, and to really shoot the moon your Arkham Horror Promotional cards. And I fully understand if you don't want to list them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Stokes
United States
Providence
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
But What You Fight For
mbmbmbmbmb
SpiderCircus wrote:
Inquisitor Eisenhorn wrote:

From your owned list, I wouldn't mind a shot at K2, Manhattan Project, and to really shoot the moon your Arkham Horror Promotional cards. And I fully understand if you don't want to list them

Game on for all of those, except K2 whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
Figure this is worth a shot... here's a list of games I'm hoping people put into the math trade that I'd like to try for:

Descent 2nd Edition
K2
Dead Men Tell No Tales
Carnival Zombie (I know, not bloody likely, but still...)
Puppet Wars
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
7-Card Slugfest
Kill the Overlord
Battle Cattle: The Card Game
Defenders of the Realms
Dark Minions
Splendor

And if there are games other people are looking for that haven't been listed yet, I'd say go ahead and list them and see if you get lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quint Wheeler
United States
North Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
Q
badge
Q
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see Pandemic: The Cure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm likely going to be at the NUGG night this Friday. I can answer any math trade questions in person. I'll bring my laptop as well, just in case we need to pull it up and walk through anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Ensign
United States
West Haven
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All. Just a reminder that tonight is the deadline for submitting offers, so if you've been meaning to add them, you have until 10 PM tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Ensign
United States
West Haven
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job everyone! Time to submit your want lists on the OLWLG now. Remember that you can submit your wants as many times as you would like, but (and this is very important!) each time you change your want list, you always have to click the green "Submit your lists Here!" button and confirm your choices each and every time. You will get a geekmail for each time you submit them correctly.

Also, I will not be able to do any test runs this week (Fall Break For The Win!), so if you are curious about how your games are trading prior to the deadline, I will be unable to accommodate. Sorry.

Good luck and Happy Trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Want list submitted. Woo!

I'll probably go change it a few times. whistle

But at least it's in! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
ytter wrote:

+1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I posted on the actual list this request, but just wanted to post here as well. If anyone is willing to be a courier for me from Logan, I would be very grateful.

My wife and I are due on November 8, so I don't think I should be heading down to Roy for this math trade due to that. If I am unable to find someone, I will simply submit a blank want list to not interfere with the trade.

Should have thought about this before posting the items. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Stokes
United States
Providence
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
But What You Fight For
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike, I should be able to take your stuff down if you need?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that would be awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Stokes
United States
Providence
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
But What You Fight For
mbmbmbmbmb
thedacker wrote:
ytter wrote:

+1!

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hadlock
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Want List in...but like Dan, I may change it a few times too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Want list in. Not optimistic, I was pretty conservative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
I think I'm done... now to wait impatiently and try not to second-guess myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.