Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Spells rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sewon Kwon
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Is there a spell for casters such as sorcerers or battle wizards?
I an wondering that spell casters are just considered as one of the ranged weapon attackers in Massive Darkness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mb
Their magic attacks and normal range attacks are pretty much the same, for the most part. The difference is just in the weapon type they use and the bonuses they get from their class skills. Fort instance they get plus wounds or dice if they use a magic attack, or an extra magic attack. Other than that there is no discernible difference.

They do get the teleport skill, but that's not an attack. All the same it is the only real stand out ability the Battle Wizard or Sorcerer gets. The hero skills seem to be more unique and magic oriented, like Elias' Zap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sewon Kwon
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
THX!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Khan
msg tools
mbmbmb
In theory, there could be magical weapons with special effects, but I think we have not seen one of these. Keeps the game simple I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like my fellows here, I say there won't be any Equipment that only one type of classe can use.
BUT the fact that some heroes triggers BAMs or DIAMONDs only with this or that type of Equipment will naturally make the players have the weapons dispatched in an optimised way.
Therefore spells will most probably end in the magician's inventory, and bows in archer's and axes in barbarian's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Timmermans
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XofMdS wrote:
Like my fellows here, I say there won't be any Equipment that only one type of classe can use.
BUT the fact that some heroes triggers BAMs or DIAMONDs only with this or that type of Equipment will naturally make the players have the weapons dispatched in an optimised way.
Therefore spells will most probably end in the magician's inventory, and bows in archer's and axes in barbarian's.

Yup, anyone can use anything, but items will be more efficient in certain members' hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.