Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quick rules check: the rulebooks says to place some unavailability tokens on the board depending on the number of players, but right after that it also says that no unavailability tokens are placed at the beginning of the game...when do they get placed then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it matters really, sometime during setup is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
I don't think it matters really, sometime during setup is fine.

Yeah but then why does it say "no availability tokens are placed at the beginning of the game?"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What can I say? The rulebook is a hot mess at the moment. We'll just have to wait for a revised version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
What can I say? The rulebook is a hot mess at the moment. We'll just have to wait for a revised version.

lol fair enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Claudio and Max,

Are the German and Swedish versions of the rules equally as bad as the English version, or are you referring to the English version?

If you've read through the entire rule set, I would be curious to hear your thoughts as I'm collecting recommended edits from other Backers.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Zagieboylo
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 wrote:
Yeah but then why does it say "no availability tokens are placed at the beginning of the game?"?

That line seems to be more in the nature of a legend, explaining that the dash symbol in the table means that no unavailability tokens are placed in that area. I think they could just put 0s in the table and remove this confusing legend line entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zahariel wrote:
That line seems to be more in the nature of a legend, explaining that the dash symbol in the table means that no unavailability tokens are placed in that area. I think they could just put 0s in the table and remove this confusing legend line entirely.

LOL you're right! I don't know how I didn't think about that, thanks for clearing it up.

> Joe

I don't speak German, so I'm referring to the English version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Claudio...if you've read through the rules, I would appreciate your thoughts along with the others' edits which I'm compiling.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Thanks, Claudio...if you've read through the rules, I would appreciate your thoughts along with the others' edits which I'm compiling.

Cheers,
Joe

Other than the issue I had with the unavailability tokens I didn't have any particular problem with the rest of the rulebook. Surely it's not the best rulebook ever, but I've seen worst (looking at you, Neanderthal...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! Okay, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.