Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Hector
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
http://brokenmeeple.blogspot.co.uk/
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an odd query but I want to clarify as this caused confusion.

I know that when marbles explode, if by taking them out of the dispenser some new ones roll out from under the "roof" area and themselves cause an explosion that's still valid.

But what happens when you get an explosion, but some of the marbles included in that explosion were under the roof area at the time?

For example, at the top of a row you take one marble which causes 3 yellows to clank together (at least you can only see 3 yellows). But as you start drawing them out of the dispenser and they roll down, you discover that your explosion in fact included 5 yellows, because two of them were under the roof, but you couldn't see that they were there as part of the explosion.

Do you take all 5 marbles because they are in effect the same explosion, or do you only take the 3 originally visible to the players at the point in which the explosion took place?

Sounds weird, but the book isn't 100% clear on it so we had to pick one interpretation and run with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Reeuws
Belgium
Wevelgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
interresting situation.
don't think i had this happen to us (but can't say for sure)
i would take the marbles that you couldn't see too since thay are the same colour i guess
seems logical since the whole idea of the roof is so people don't see the top rows when putting marbles in and if this situation happens you're in luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silva Lorenzo
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hello guys,

you take ALL the marbles of the "exploding" colors, even if those marbles are hidden under the roof.

Page 7 of the rules says: "IWhen two Ingredients explode, all the ingredients of that color connected also explode."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hector
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
http://brokenmeeple.blogspot.co.uk/
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it was subject to interpretation because you only took marbles from those visible - but I've played that way so I'm happy! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
Howdy Mercante.. Don't suppose you want to give input to my question as well..? : here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.