Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: What location tiles are you looking forward to? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering what sort of locations people would like to see or any speculation as to what people expect in the future?

I know the title is Mansions of Madness and so most scenarios are probably going to stay pretty localized, but the recent announcement of the Dreamlands expansion for Eldritch Horror got me thinking about what Dreamlands tiles might look like in MoM. Along with that, we've seen in Rising Tide that they can easily do scenarios in which the map is wiped clean as you move to a completely different map for another phase of the adventure. I would think since we already have houses, laboratories, and the woods, the next most logical location would probably be the museum. Imagine a scenario in which the first half takes place in the museum and then due to some sort of nuttiness you're whisked off the the Dreamlands for the second half. Or a scenario in which the first half is in the Museum and then you travel, Indiana Jones style, to Cairo for some pyramidal spelunking.

I don't know. I was just bored and, like I said, the Eldritch expansion got me wondering, so I figured I'd ask what other people might want to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd like to see a large dock or peer, and perhaps even a boardwalk to explore. We can always use more caves and some temple/Indian settings if they choose to a few of the stories from the books.

Ultimately assuming the tiles fit the story and are able to reused in the future I'd get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ronda
United States
flag msg tools
Dreamlands would definitely be my top choice. As for the tiles themselves, temples of Celephais or Ulthar would be neat. And, of course, the moon. We already have Nightgaunts and there are already Arkham Horror premium figures for Moon Beasts, so it's probably not far-fetched. We may need more cat "person tokens" though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Mine is very specific and relates to a scenario I was thinking of creating (but I don't believe FFG will release a scenario creator personally): an indoor swimming pool, extra large size (like the 1st edition Foyer), with a grating beneath the water at one end: through this Deep Ones enter the pool from flooded tunnels beneath the mansion.

Also, a 'Deep Pit' of some kind... basically a big, black hole, or 'well' going down into the Earth. It could be indoors on one side (stone or marble floor, outdoors on the other.

I don't know if the game is calling out for any fully themed sets: we have indoors, streets / docks, wilderness and underground. Maybe ruined or abandoned buildings. A lichen-filled room would be nice ala. The Shunned House.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Trains maybe?..but mostly because i watched that korean zombie movie not long ago hehe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see an Underside/Upside Down equivalent - with art similar to H.R. Giger inspired Darkseed or Scorn. Mechanically somewhat similar to portals in Arkham Horror - a dark mirror universe of biomechanic horrors, where you lose sanity just for entering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nobody Special
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would get so excited for a snowy Mountains of Madness expansion with a scenario retracing the book's steps! Even just snowy tiles would excite me without that setting, maybe along the lines of Elder Sign's 'Omens of Ice' instead.

Second to that I'm really hoping for dimensional portals we can actually travel through, visiting locations like the Dreamlands or Yuggoth!

Imagine a Scenario in R'lyeh where the 'adjacent' tiles actually take you to different unpredictable locations on the board due to the non-euclidean geometry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobadubub wrote:
I would get so excited for a snowy Mountains of Madness expansion with a scenario retracing the book's steps! Even just snowy tiles would excite me without that setting, maybe along the lines of Elder Sign's 'Omens of Ice' instead.

Second to that I'm really hoping for dimensional portals we can actually travel through, visiting locations like the Dreamlands or Yuggoth!

Imagine a Scenario in R'lyeh where the 'adjacent' tiles actually take you to different unpredictable locations on the board due to the non-euclidean geometry!

Yes! I would love Mountains of Madness tiles! Exploring the ancient structures underneath the the ice would be cool. My only hope for this is that they would completely redo the Elder Things miniatures. I'm not a big fan of the AH one that exists. If they don't I guess I can use the Cthulhu Wars one. It would be cool if they did some giant penguin minis as well.

You idea for R'lyeh is pretty cool, too. That would be fun if you really had no idea what tiles were coming next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A theater of some description with all the backstage and foyer etc tiles to go with my hopes of this getting a King in Yellow themed expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.