Cry Havoc» Forums » General

Subject: Availability of Essen Promos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angela Lin
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the promos (mini-expansion) offered at Essen (if preordered) be available later through the BGG store or other channels?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hergambit wrote:
Will the promos (mini-expansion) offered at Essen be available later through the BGG store or other channels?

Thanks!

I'm guessing you are referring to if you pre ordered from the website? The other copies sold at the show shouldn't have them unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Lin
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

I'm guessing you are referring to if you preordered from the website? The other copies sold at the show shouldn't have them unfortunately.

Yeah, sorry, I meant the promos that come with the preorders. Would like to get a response on whether it is absolutely necessary that I plonk down 70 euroes now for the terrain cards D:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hergambit wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:

I'm guessing you are referring to if you preordered from the website? The other copies sold at the show shouldn't have them unfortunately.

Yeah, sorry, I meant the promos that come with the preorders. Would like to get a response on whether it is absolutely necessary that I plonk down 70 euroes now for the terrain cards D:

Hi --

I'm the designer, not the publisher, so this is just an educated assumption. Based on GenCon I would say that if you buy a copy at GenCon, they will probably have the promo cards. BUT, if it's like GenCon, supply is not guaranteed for those who don't pre-order.

I have no clue how many they are bringing to the show.

grant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All promos offered as a special offer during our pre-orders are later available to separate buy from our web store UNLESS specifically stated that this is one time limited promo (it was, for example a case with wooden box for Legacy we released in 2013).

Some of these promos are later available through BGG store as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Lin
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
All promos offered as a special offer during our pre-orders are later available to separate buy from our web store UNLESS specifically stated that this is one time limited promo (it was, for example a case with wooden box for Legacy we released in 2013).

Some of these promos are later available through BGG store as well.

Thank you for your reply sir! It was very helpful in helping me decide... esp with my limited luggage space. I still look forward to trying it out! Thanks for letting the rest of the non-essen geeks get a fair chance at this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are there pics of these promos? I haven't seen them and I would be interested to see what they were before I decide whether to seek them out or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
are there pics of these promos? I haven't seen them and I would be interested to see what they were before I decide whether to seek them out or not

I think someone uploaded them to BGG, and you can see them on Portal's page. It's 8 objective cards, with a little sheet that tells you the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Steuperaert
Belgium
Desselgem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't mind preordering this for essen. But pickup only allowed on Thursday and Friday make that impossible for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
All promos offered as a special offer during our pre-orders are later available to separate buy from our web store...Some of these promos are later available through BGG store as well.

When might this be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.