The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Sin Player Reaction Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I don't really get the point.

Unless the sin player can spend as many reaction tokens, per player, as he wishes.

I don't think that's the case though, is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
ghost whistler wrote:
I don't really get the point.

Unless the sin player can spend as many reaction tokens, per player, as he wishes.

I don't think that's the case though, is it?

I don't totally understand the wording of your question, but I think you are asking, "Why does the Sin player need tokens?" Two reasons:

1) The Sin gets as many reaction tokens as current players. But the current players each get 2 turns per round. So thus, the Sin player has to be judicious with his/her reactions as there are not as many reactions as there are turns.

2) Corollary to (1): the Sin player sometimes gets extra reactions through card effects, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ghost whistler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I see.

I thought the Sin player could only react after the player had resolved all his actions.

I haven't played the game and wasn't sure how this worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The faith players take turns resolving their first action then it goes back to the first player and they take turns resolving their second action. If anyone gained an extra action token then it goes around for a third time to give them the chance to resolve those. At any time during a faith members turn the sin player may play a sin card against the player and or spend a reaction token to react to the current player. Using the sins cards makes up for the limited reaction tokens but they can only be played at specific times during the players turn as printed on the card. Hope this helps.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ghost whistler wrote:
I see.

I thought the Sin player could only react after the player had resolved all his actions.

I haven't played the game and wasn't sure how this worked.

In a 2 player game, the FAITH with have 3 heroes on the board, and thus the sins will have 3 reactions tokens

Hero 1:
Action token 1
Action token 2

Hero 2:
Action token 1
Action token 2

Hero3:
Action token 1
Action token 2

the sins player can choose to spend a reaction token after any 1 hero uses and finishes their action token.

So the FAITH player essentially gets 6 turns, and the sins only up to 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.