4,133 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
26% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
The first edition with 84 units, 12 rewards and 12 feats.

Are there any rule changes in later editions?
Do the extra units added later balance the game more?

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very few mechanical changes in the game have occurred since the first edition (I still have mine - although I picked up card sleeves in one KS to allow me to blend with later expansion backs).

The newest slimmed down game has a few minor errata to the cards (there is a thread on BGG somewhere with a great comparison) and obviously only one of each card, not 3-4. And I think there was a limit on hand size / money added at some stage.

But overall, it's pretty much still the same game, and 95% of the experience will remain the same. Not sure the extra units bring a huge amount of balance, just more variety / strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Phantomwhale wrote:
and obviously only one of each card, not 3-4.

Why obviously? That would actually change the game up a lot, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
The first edition with 84 units, 12 rewards and 12 feats.

Are there any rule changes in later editions?
Do the extra units added later balance the game more?

Thoughts?

The latest rules can be found in the Files section, titled "Omen: ROW RULES (official Omega Edition 2014 Rules)"

I've only ever played the latest edition so wouldn't be able to make any comparisons to previous editions.

Definitely a fun, balanced game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good, Omen is great in all its iterations. I will say there are a couple of cards that have gotten nerfed since the first edition, and I don't think bidding for first player was in the first edition (the game benefits greatly from this rule), but it's still a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both 1st and 2nd editions. The Harpy and Minotaur got nerfed after 1st edition, and we always play with the 1st ed versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.