United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Heathcon 2016 Nov 4th - 6th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 2 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm putting together my copy tonight, and I can't figure out how to make the Dunwich Horror look like the picture in the Monster Figure Reference included in the package:

(Face in the front, with the chip clips in the back)

I actually own a First Edition copy of Call of the Wild, so I got out my original mini, and low and behold they have changed the hole positions! Unless I'm missing something, they've made it impossible to position him correctly. I can get him on the base if he's facing right, but not straight on like he should be in the guide and in 1st Edition. BTW, this was after using a hot water bath to straighten the legs. I think it's mathmatically impossible to get him on correctly now.

Edit: Thinking about this some more, I'm betting that the holes were drilled incorrectly at the factory. I bet there's a drill press that makes the holes, and this one got rotated incorrectly before that process. Can anyone else confirm you are seeing correct hole positions? If so I will contact FFG for a replacement base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ronda
United States
flag msg tools
I noticed the same thing. I didn't fret about it because my friends likely won't notice, but disappointing all the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Taylor
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the same problem and contacted FFG (well asmodee), supposedly it's within their tolerance range and they won't do anything about it. Hoping I just didn't describe the problem well enough, will try again with pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Heathcon 2016 Nov 4th - 6th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 2 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
For future reference, Asmodee declined my request for a replacement base. My guess is that they all look this way. I included the above pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"Because the ultimate purpose of crime is to establish the endless empire of crime."
mbmbmbmbmb
That figure has a front?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivelin Belchev
Bulgaria
Ruse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here - I don't think it was made to be facing the front of the base. Wondering if it was the same with the 1st ed. expansion figure.

Still, much better than my Dark Young's poorly assembled legs which don't allow it to stand on neither hole of its base (the legs are curved one towards the other).

And one of my Star Spawns' front legs are glued so they stand up high in the air when the rear legs' pegs are in the holes.

Also, one of my Mi-Gos is missing its peg, the head and the jar altogether - just rounded stumps at the end of three of its limbs!

I guess I should posts some pics of my freak show cast from this game!

So yeah, definitely the worst minis (and bases) FFG has ever produced!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Sherrard
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the same problem. I drilled new holes in the base so the figure would have the correct orientation. I don't really notice the extra holes in the base, but the "sideways" figure was really bugging me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.