Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of just want this thread to be about different types of videos thatboardgame youtubers can and do make. And to get ideas for possible types of videos I might want to make if I made a channel in the future. I'm just gonna list 'em off.
•Game Reviews
•Game Accessory/Component Reviews
•Game Previews
•Unboxings
•Musings on the community, games, mechanics, etc.
•Strategy videos
•Top 5/10s
•Live/Recorded Playthroughs
•Game Tutorials/Teaching videos
•Podcasts
•Comparisons between games
•Design Diaries

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chiriboga
United States
Oviedo
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do you want input or advice?

For example, I find unboxings boring if that's all there is. They're entertaining if that leads into a review or the reviewer discusses the components or if there's just something more there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a rather complete list. The only other type of boardgaming video that comes to mind for me is instruction or illustration not about how to play games, but rather about meta stuff like how to physically customize or repair or create games (e.g. how to print and cut and clip your own counters, how to paint miniatures, how to repair broken boxes & boards, etc).

But "podcasts" doesn't make much sense in a list of types of boardgaming videos. It's rather a different medium than video (and could also be of any of the types listed, e.g. review, top 10, etc). It seems similar to including "blog posts" and "magazine articles" in the list of types of boardgaming videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.