4 Posts

Mage Wars Arena: Battlegrounds Domination» Forums » Rules

Subject: secret passage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Urs Lange
msg tools
Good morning,

we yesterday wondered, whether zones connected with a secret passage count as adjacent, meaning that one could be pushed through the passage or the chain lightning could propagate through the passage?

Thank you, for any answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for Secret Passage in the Battlegrounds Domination rule book state:

Quote:
As a move action, a creature in a zone with a Secret Passage may move directly to another zone with a Secret Passage. This creature ignores intervening walls and zones during this move.

Pushes and Teleport are not move actions, so no, -a creature can't be pushed through a Secret Passage.

I'm not as sure about Blue Gremlin. If a Blue Gremlin were Tanglevine'd in a zone with a Secret Passage, its Mage could pay 1 mana to make its move actions into Teleports to an adjacent zone... which could break it out of the Tanglevine but I'm not sure if that same move action could take it through the Secret Passage. But that's a relatively unusual situation (e.g. Why would anyone Tanglevine a Blue Gremlin?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano is correct. You have to take your move action to go through the passage. In the same way the passage is not granting line of sight for something like a Chain Lightning and so it can't pass through, as it can't target the creature on the other side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Urs Lange
msg tools
Thanks, that helps
though I don't get the point with the move action - moving to a adjacent zone would be a move action aswell, right? However the LOS point of view makes sence!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.