Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Forager useless with new reward system rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theo S.
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey,

I recently started playing Mistfall and using the new reward System. But I can't wrap my head around forager within the new system. Is this feat basically useless or does it still provide any benefit?

One more thing I am wondering about is if heroes are able to purchase rewards from other heroes? This seems to be possible with the old reward system, because the rules state, that a reward only needs to share one keyword with a hero to be useable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
on3iro wrote:
Hey,

I recently started playing Mistfall and using the new reward System. But I can't wrap my head around forager within the new system. Is this feat basically useless or does it still provide any benefit?

One more thing I am wondering about is if heroes are able to purchase rewards from other heroes? This seems to be possible with the old reward system, because the rules state, that a reward only needs to share one keyword with a hero to be useable.

Forager Still works well effectively drawing 3 cards during the encounter phase (or any otehr reward draw) and choosing which 2 you can purchase as a group and distribute as you wish.

Mistfall Rules V2 wrote:

Personal Rewards
A Reward Gear card with a Hero symbol is a Personal Reward. These cards
can be purchased by players as part of Encounter Aftermath. See also:
Advanced Feats, Encounter Aftermath, Gear.

However in the Encounter aftermath any rewards taken can be distributed between players in any way they want, taking into account keywords and hero abilities and Personal Rewards. The rewards deck will have General Rewards and 1 of each Hero's Personal Rewards.

The Resolve pool is still a common pool. So any use is independent of hero contributions.

The Hero advanced Feats and Gear is still hero specific.

This has not changed changed from the original rules.

If you are thinking of the Heart of the Mists rules then again nothing has changed apart from you know have a visible display.
As the Personal Rewards are purchased from a common pool and discussed separately from the General(transient) Rewards then you can only purchase them for that hero.

In HOTM you daw a card add it to the display and then take a Transient/General Reward card for any hero as before considering keywords or place at the bottom of the reward draw deck for its resolve value or Purchase a specific Hero Reward for that Hero.

Forager in HOTM is actually more powerful because in the Encounter aftermath you go through the draw add to display and choose sequence twice.

You now draw two cards and choose which one you add , twice. The down side is that you you will have to put a reward at the bottom of the deck. However it cycles the deck quicker and provides an extra draw. So now in the encounter aftermath you can draw 4 cards instead of 3 in Mistfall.
(Note Forager takes up a valuable slot , so once you have the gear you want you may look to bury/discard it)
I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo S.
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot! That cleared it up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.