Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

What do you think about range increment penalty variant?

For example:

Assault rifle has range increment of 8/-1 (every 8 spaces you get -1 to die roll but you always hit on natural 8 on D8)

Also it can go for example in positive way. If the zombie is closer that 4 spaces then you can get +1 to roll, if it is closer that 2 spaces +2...(but you always miss on 1 on D8)

Because the unlimited range for Bow, rifle and gun and the same chance to hit the target wherever they are is a little bit hard to comprehend.

Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris 34
Greece
Zevgolatio
Corinth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea !!!meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Taylor
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
The way we see it (thematically) is that when a zombie is far away you can take a more steady shot. When a zombie is really close a bit of panic sets in - evening out the accuracy.

From a game play point of view, the +1 at close range would make clearing rooms much easier and unbalance the game.

But , feel free to give it a go, and let us know how you find it.

Tayz (Dice Sports)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Taylor
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
A -1 at long range would increase difficulty, if you can complete issues 1+2 with that variant you will have mastered the game!!!:zombie:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe :-) but we are a good zombie killers:-).

I'll first try to finish issues 1 and 2 as the rules say and if it looks to easy maybe try the director cards and after that maybe add the range increment.

Btw. yesterday finished mission 4 after 4 hours of cat and mouse game (almost like chess :-)) and at the end (last 5 turns or so) with only melee weapons slashing through to the last spawn point :-)....
The greatest experience in tactical gaming I had in years.

Great game James. Glad I backed you guys up :-).

Hope there will be issues 3 and 4 soon :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Knife is 3.5 inches. The three shots were taken at 100 yards with an 'assault rifle' with an Aimpoint PRO red dot from a prone unsupported firing position. I find it pretty plausible that long range in the game is likely within this 100 yards, and think even moderately trained folks are not gonna have too much trouble hitting those shots. As mentioned, the longer range gives you a bit more time to line up the shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.