Subject: Is anyone using custom disgruntled tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care if they are from the Fruity Oaty Bar. I don't like the way they look. They leave me less than fully gruntled. I was thinking about replacing them with blue glass beads, like morale wounds. Has anyone else replaced them?. Am I the only one who finds them jarring?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the ones that came with the game.

i do find it annoying that one or two of the expansions came with slightly larger versions of the tokens and I've removed those from my game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm fine with them, although I agree that I don't love the multiple sizes (same with all the tokens that have different sizes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hanson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more annoyed by the larger Fuel and Parts tokens than the others. It seems like that wouldn't be too hard to get right. shake

But, no, the design of the Disgruntled tokens doesn't bother me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried replacing them, ironically enough, with blue glass beads (left over from my old LotR CCG days) but we kept forgetting them. I guess the Fruity Oaty Bar face makes them easier to spot.... so we decided to stick with the original (proper sized) ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with their appearance, though it would be nice if they were the same size. Same for other tokens to include the Haven tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Maraya
United States
California
flag msg tools
I absolutely love to put the tokens over the faces of the crew. It gives me a good chuckle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot about Firefly that made me go, "Whaaa?" when my buddy first introduced it to me. But then I saw the series and subsequent movie. At first the disgruntled tokens were one of the loudest offenders, but now I can't imagine something better.

And the different sized disgruntles tokens are good for at least one thing. If you use the original smaller tokens for turn counters in the solo game, then the later larger ones are easily distinguished for in game use...just in case you accidentally toss one into the wrong pile...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I share the view that the top offender are the different sized tokens.

They really should have been double sided with Loyalty icons on the other side. But of course there are no official mechanics for that.

What icon would people use for Loyalty? Off the top of my head, I'd go for... well I'm struggling. I've no doubt there's a nice Chinese word symbol for Loyalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshuku wrote:
What icon would people use for Loyalty? Off the top of my head, I'd go for... well I'm struggling. I've no doubt there's a nice Chinese word symbol for Loyalty.
Handshake, I think. Image Search also suggests two arrows in a circle, with a head-and-shoulders inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I usually use the green tokens from the Firefly card game (I think they're supposed to be Fortune?), but I also like the tokens from Gemino. A little too big, but some nice variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.