Subject: Player Order in Subsequent Rounds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Phillips
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Those who can teach; those who can't go into administration.
badge
Buster Keaton, The Great Stone Face
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says nothing about which player goes first in the second and third rounds. The first round first player is chosen by who most recently visited a museum, but who goes first in round two? The same player? That seems like an unfair advantage based on luck to be able to move your paleontologist first every round. My wife and I thought maybe it should be whoever is in last place on the score track as a minor catch up mechanic.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The player who has the most points goes first in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. (It's noted at the beginning of the Field Phase section of the rules) It is actually a slight disadvantage to go first, because players can steal bones out from under you. Emphasis on the "slight" because moving first is also good (but then people can steal bones before you collect them). Hope this helps. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Phillips
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Those who can teach; those who can't go into administration.
badge
Buster Keaton, The Great Stone Face
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
The player who has the most points goes first in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. (It's noted at the beginning of the Field Phase section of the rules) It is actually a slight disadvantage to go first, because players can steal bones out from under you. Emphasis on the "slight" because moving first is also good (but then people can steal bones before you collect them). Hope this helps. Enjoy!

D'oh! So you're right. I checked and double-checked. I guess I was looking for them at the end of the round and set up for next round part of the rules, but you're right, the rule is right there.

So I guess my wife and I played it slightly wrong as she was always behind and I let her go first every round. I ended up beating her something like 145-120. Could the wrong rule have likely contributed to such a massive lead?

It's just as well, she destroyed me at both games of Tiny Epic Western we've played so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.