Subject: Sleeved cards and storage: an answer! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
Since many have been wondering: yes, you can fit sleeved cards in the divider they provide. http://imgur.com/a/t9MDw

I have all of the Hogwarts cards and starting decks in FFG sleeves and all of the dark arts in Mayday games sleeves. The hogwarts and dark arts decks are in the front (larger compartment) and the other cards are in the smaller space. I also put the tokens in bags (1 for influence, 1 more attack, 1 for the rest) because that narrow space in the side is too small to use effectively without them. The game boxes are empty, but I don't want to get rid of them just yet.

Everything is in there, but it's a tight fit. Some of the dividers stick up a bit naturally, but they shift into place when you put the player tableaus over them (no bending). Any more cards or things in sleeves and it won't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great!

Here's a trick for you. Collapse all the boxes except Box 1 and Box 4. Place the collapsed boxes in the bottom of the well they came in and then lay Box 1 and 4 on top of them so they fit the entire area and you can see their largest faces. The player tableau's can now fit over this space without fear of bending the card tabs. The boxes will be a little springy but will settle to the right height after being stored for a day or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Havel
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Darwins_Dog wrote:
Since many have been wondering: yes, you can fit sleeved cards in the divider they provide. http://imgur.com/a/t9MDw

I have all of the Hogwarts cards and starting decks in FFG sleeves and all of the dark arts in Mayday games sleeves. The hogwarts and dark arts decks are in the front (larger compartment) and the other cards are in the smaller space. I also put the tokens in bags (1 for influence, 1 more attack, 1 for the rest) because that narrow space in the side is too small to use effectively without them. The game boxes are empty, but I don't want to get rid of them just yet.

Everything is in there, but it's a tight fit. Some of the dividers stick up a bit naturally, but they shift into place when you put the player tableaus over them (no bending). Any more cards or things in sleeves and it won't work.

Did you use any sleeves for the location/villian cards? I am not sure what will work (if any)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can't open ours as its a Christmas present for our daughter, could you tell me what size sleeves we need and how many of each please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Torkijo wrote:
Can't open ours as its a Christmas present for our daughter, could you tell me what size sleeves we need and how many of each please?

I always use this GeekList to check for sleeve size and count: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/4733392#item4...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Brilliant, thanks as didnt know that existed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
jnhavel wrote:
Darwins_Dog wrote:

Did you use any sleeves for the location/villian cards? I am not sure what will work (if any)?

I didn't bother with the location or villain cards. Locations don't get shuffled, and the villains only once per game. To be honest I don't really like the sleeves I got for the dark arts cards. They are too big and they're the really cheap flimsy kind. They're also the only sleeves available for that size and shape of cards, so it's those or nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.