Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Rodney has just posted his Watch It Played video for Invaders from Afar and it reveals all the details!

(Video below doesn't seem to work so the here's the link)

Crimean

New Wayfare mech ability

Wayfare - Move to any unoccupied farm

Polania

New Meander faction ability

Meander - Pick up to 2 options from each encounter card. At the end of the game gain $3 per encounter territory you control.

Togawa Shogunate

Mechs

Toka - Move across a river (max. 1 character or 1 mech per turn)
Suiton - Move to/from lakes; in combat on a lake you may play +1 combat card
Ronin - before combat where you have exactly 1 unit, gain 2 power
Shinobi - move to any territory with a Trap token; you may arm the trap

Ability

Maifuku - After moving your character, you may place an armed Trap token on its territory

Traps

Four traps (- 4 coins, - 2 popularity, - 2 combat cards, - 3 power). Each territory may only have 1 faction token in it (either trap or flag). At the end of the game Togawa is considered to control any territory containing an armed trap token and no other players pieces. Once a trap is triggered and flipped to its unarmed side it is left in place.

Clan Albion

Mechs

Burrow - Move across rivers to or from an adjacent tunnel territory (this includes your mine)
Sword - Before combat where you are attacking, opponent gets - 2 power
Shield - Before combat where you are defending, gain + 2 power
Rally - Move to an territory where you have a worker or Flag token

Ability

Exalt - After moving your character, you may place a Flag token on it's territory

Flags

4 Flag Tokens, once placed they cannot be moved or removed. At the end of the game any territories (other than the two adjacent to your home base) with a Flag token that are under your control count as two territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey how do the the flag tokens affect the factory? Does it count as 4 or 6? Thanks - got my preorder in, can't wait to get this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also can't seem to find what the revised abilities are for the original factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Knew I forgot something, have added those on now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
To embed videos in BGG, you can't use the full link, you have to click the little Youtube icon and then just enter the video's code from it's weblink. Like this: oAPJfb7_1Vc

Not immediately obvious, I know If you want to change how you've linked the video above, I can remove this entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Rodney that's really useful to know! More than happy for you to leave your post so everyone can see how lovely and helpful you are : ) Great video (as always)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
I think there is an error in the vide0 - the Togawa ability mentions one unit but workers are not units. So in the example in the video, the bonus would still apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
I think there is an error in the vide0 - the Togawa ability mentions one unit but workers are not units. So in the example in the video, the bonus would still apply.

Sorry for any confusion. I used that example specifically to reinforce that you can't even have a worker there. You may only have 1 unit in the region, and no other workers or mechs (or your character, if the battling unit is a mech).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:

Rules, Page 5:

"Types of Units

Each of the three unit types in the game - characters, mechs and workers - share two key similarities."

Workers are units. I think you may be confusing this with the fact that they are not "combat units", however they are clearly defined in the rules as units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
Jamey how do the the flag tokens affect the factory? Does it count as 4 or 6? Thanks - got my preorder in, can't wait to get this.

Flag tokens count as 1 additional territory for end-game scoring (for the Albion player, if they're under Albion control and they're not adjacent to the Albion home base). It's +1; it doesn't double the territory's value. So the Factory would count as 4 territories if an Albion-controlled Flag token is on it at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:

Flag tokens count as 1 additional territory for end-game scoring (for the Albion player, if they're under Albion control and they're not adjacent to the Albion home base). It's +1; it doesn't double the territory's value. So the Factory would count as 4 territories if an Albion-controlled Flag token is on it at the end of the game.

Superb thanks Jamey. I was assuming this was the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confused about the Burrow ability, can you just not move from one tunnel to another anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
Confused about the Burrow ability, can you just not move from one tunnel to another anyway?
By my understanding, Burrow allows you to cross a river if either the space the unit is starting from, or the space the unit is moving to, has a tunnel on it. So you're not "mov[ing] from one tunnel to another."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct, the Albion Burrow ability is about moving from one tunnel territory across a river to an adjacent territory. Here's how we show it in the rules:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
That's correct, the Albion Burrow ability is about moving from one tunnel territory across a river to an adjacent territory. Here's how we show it in the rules:

Oh right, now I get it. I thought it meant move from one adjacent tunnel territory across a river to another adjacent tunnel territory, that's why I was confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This expansion looks really good. The two factions have a distinct feel to them, and I think that will be a big plus for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Team D20 wrote:
This expansion looks really good. The two factions have a distinct feel to them, and I think that will be a big plus for the game.

Very much looking forward to this myself! Bring on November!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
Do the flags also count for the territory bonus. As in the cards that give you bonus for building next to lakes, in a straight line, next to mine spaces, ect.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Flag tokens count as 1 additional territory for end-game scoring (for the Albion player, if they're under Albion control and they're not adjacent to the Albion home base). The structure bonus tiles only look at structures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.