GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 92.84

6,004 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.8% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Adam Withers
Australia
flag msg tools
The critical effect reads that at the start of Gorm's turn the monster controller rolls and on a 9 or 10 the Gorm falls over.

But the main KD rules say that a monster automatically stands up when you draw an AI card.

So he falls and then immediately stands. What is the point of this, or is there text missing from the HL card description saying it does not draw an AI card and instead stands in the player turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is similar to the persistent injury for the lion... If they fall over, they end their turn.

I could be wrong, but that's how the lion's version plays out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Withers
Australia
flag msg tools
See we figured that is probable.

But the Lion cards are more explicit. "If the lion moves, roll a 1 and it falls down and ends its turn" and "Before the lion draws a card roll and on a 1 or 2 the card is not drawn and the lion ends its turn", respectively. These aren't verbatim quotations, but close enough.

The Grom card does not elaborate like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that if that was the case, they wouldn't bother to make that a persistent injury, but you are right in the interpretation. However, in this specific case, I think it's safe to assume that the gorm stays knocked down, ending its turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Withers
Australia
flag msg tools
Cheers fellas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.