Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Ward
United States
Jasper
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Five Tribes is in stock and on clearance for $29.99 at barnesandnoble.com
I just picked up a copy. Had to add a filler to get over $25 for free shipping (after the code)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-five-tribes/30320...

Use coupon code posted yesterday for 20% off. F7V8H7U

Might be other clearance games, I didn't hunt much more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Barnes & Noble] Five Tribes $23.99 ($29.99 - 20% coupon) online
Recently saw Castles of MKL, Roll for the Galaxy, Rattlebones, Pathfinder ACG expansions, and Pentago. Plus a metric ton of bath salts.

B&N Clearance: Cheap games! Smell great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Ward
United States
Jasper
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing you meant in store? This is a separate deal from the in store clearance mark downs. This is online

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan P
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a pretty incredible price. Clicking through their clearance section in toys & games showed a bunch of stuff (Lewis & Clark for $25, Stone Age for $25), but all were out of stock except Five Tribes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Brown
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Wowwwwww. Thanks OP. I can't resist a deal like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Any suggestions on a filler at or around $1.02?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
simmmons27 wrote:

sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing to note ( I know no one will care )

But if you buy them online from the wearhouse now at 50% off, then they won't get boxed up and shipped to stores for the end of the Red Dot clearance where you would be able to buy them at 75% off or $2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
taeryn wrote:
That is a pretty incredible price.

Its the same price that it is available for in their stores, and that price will continue to drop until November.

And I got mine for $18.99 from B&N a couple of weeks ago. So, yea, good deal, but as always, its really only a good deal if you were literally placing an order for it somewhere else at a higher price, or planning to go to your local game store and pay MSRP for it.

Otherwise, while its a good deal, there will be better deals ahead (and previously) on the same item. So don't buy it just because you think its cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Low Visibility

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
simmmons27 wrote:

It was a pain to find something, but I settled on a Hot Wheels Minecraft car for under $2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Ward
United States
Jasper
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah for me I don't live close enough to a B&N to watch for the markdown, and I don't expect it to stay in stock online. Also bought giftcards on Raise.com with a $5 off $25, so I saved an extra ~$6 :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is dead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, barely missed this apparently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nez477 wrote:
Man, barely missed this apparently

Yeah I spent about 2 minutes too long looking at sleeves. kicking myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem to be sold out of them. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CQ
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the first time B&N have their clearance prices online also? I usually see them in store only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobo1230 wrote:
Is this the first time B&N have their clearance prices online also? I usually see them in store only.

No, but usually they clear out their warehouse before the clearance starts by shipping items to the stores to be physically cleared out. So even though the price drops online, its irrelevant because the stock is zero.

In this case, they still had a few in the warehouse when they did the online price drop, so a few people got (either lucky, or duped) enough to buy it online instead of trekking down to the store to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick OBrien
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:
One thing to note ( I know no one will care )

But if you buy them online from the wearhouse now at 50% off, then they won't get boxed up and shipped to stores for the end of the Red Dot clearance where you would be able to buy them at 75% off or $2

Yeah, but the chance of me finding one like that is a lottery ticket, whereas this was a good price, and one i'd probably jump on if i saw it in store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Brown
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools

Funny story (ymmv). I thought I purchased this shortly after the original post went up. Was like: "cheese and rice, wadda steal!". I should apologize in advance for the rest of this post, that way I don't have to do it later.

Later in the day I noticed I hadn't received emails from good ol' BN. So I went back to the page where I had purchased this along with a $2 copyright-free Dover Thrift softcover with original illustrations from like 100 years ago, to put the price over the limit and to get the additional discount.

The page, intact after clicking the "click this button to submit your payment and seal the deal", was defiled with string of red capital letters telling me sorry, undisclosed error happened. Huh. I guess I was too quick on the draw, or too slow.

But, surprise surprise, I was relieved. This is one of those award-winning games I would have bought at full price if I knew I could get it on the table. I imagined that when this game was delivered at my house, it would be like the movie scene at end of Raiders of the Lost Ark where (spoiler) the packed Ark goes into a warehouse of boxes, probably never to be seen again.

Don't feel sad for me though. I have a beautifully carved Mancala board which occasionally gets some love. Before I end this post I'll just add: Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll. Nah, didn't need that either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
dbler wrote:

Funny story (ymmv). I thought I purchased this shortly after the original post went up. Was like: "cheese and rice, wadda steal!". I should apologize in advance for the rest of this post, that way I don't have to do it later.

Later in the day I noticed I hadn't received emails from good ol' BN. So I went back to the page where I had purchased this along with a $2 copyright-free Dover Thrift softcover with original illustrations from like 100 years ago, to put the price over the limit and to get the additional discount.

The page, intact after clicking the "click this button to submit your payment and seal the deal", was defiled with string of red capital letters telling me sorry, undisclosed error happened. Huh. I guess I was too quick on the draw, or too slow.

But, surprise surprise, I was relieved. This is one of those award-winning games I would have bought at full price if I knew I could get it on the table. I imagined that when this game was delivered at my house, it would be like the movie scene at end of Raiders of the Lost Ark where (spoiler) the packed Ark goes into a warehouse of boxes, probably never to be seen again.

Don't feel sad for me though. I have a beautifully carved Mancala board which occasionally gets some love. Before I end this post I'll just add: Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll. Nah, didn't need that either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Tich
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
For what it's worth, I was able to find a copy at my local Barnes & Noble with the 50% marked down clearance price (it was hidden behind other games on the shelf, not in the clearance pile!). I was also able to use the 15% off coupon that was in this thread (before the posts were deleted) without any problems, which got the price down to $25.47 before tax. Not too shabby!

Just thought I'd share!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lee
United States
Flowood
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rugmouse wrote:
For what it's worth, I was able to find a copy at my local Barnes & Noble with the 50% marked down clearance price (it was hidden behind other games on the shelf, not in the clearance pile!). I was also able to use the 15% off coupon that was in this thread (before the posts were deleted) without any problems, which got the price down to $25.47 before tax. Not too shabby!

Just thought I'd share!

I came here to print a few more copies since I have 4 people going to the store with me now (incase I find more than one game I want lol) and it's gone like you said. What happened? Was it fake or did poster just remove it for whatever reason?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dravack wrote:
Rugmouse wrote:

Just thought I'd share!

I came here to print a few more copies since I have 4 people going to the store with me now (incase I find more than one game I want lol) and it's gone like you said. What happened? Was it fake or did poster just remove it for whatever reason?

Im not sure what happened here, but the 20% online code and 15% in-store coupon are stil in 20% off One Item - Barnes and Noble

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.