Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Sean
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I`m not sure if this is in the right place or not so apologies if I have misplaced.

I have been clearing out some boxes after moving house for the second time in five years! (long story).

I had several boxes in storage at my parents and 5 years ago mum came to live with us, so the loft was cleared.
However mum sadly passed away in 2014 and everything was put into storage while we got ready to move again.

Any way to cut a long story short I decided to clear some things out, games etc that I have not used in a long long time and other items that have only been off the shelves twice in the last five years due to moving. The entire Formula De track collection being part of it which were all sold off in the summer.
One or two boxes remain which have things from way back (79-81 vintage)

In there was a copy of Panzer Pranks mint and unpunched, don`t even remember buying it!?.

So this week I checked out Ebay to see if there is anything on there.

I am surprised to see a copy exactly like mine for $109!!! I won`t mention the seller but they do like high prices!.

So my question is...

Is this little game really that collectable and rare. I notice the games own page has not been visited in quite a while. So I`m thinking its not that popular or high on wishlists.

So if anybody is genuinely intersted GM me for details. I also have a copy of Machiavelli by Battleline (original thin box version). There will be more stuff later in the year which will probably go up on Ebay or Geekbay. I will decide once I`ve checked its all good to go, most of this stuff hasn`t seen daylight since the mid eighties The boxes are still sealed and I can`t remember whats in them!!

I just thought I`d throw the question out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lewis
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
I doubt it is very collectible. There are two completed auctions in the past month, for an unpunched set, that failed to sell for $20 and $25.

EDIT: There are also several current auctions ranging in price from $25 - $109
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The eBay listing/asking price does not necessarily equate to true value.

Looking over historical BGG sales data, this item sells for $20 - $35.

A dealer with extensive knowledge of pricing trends is selling a NM copy for $30.

So, you can expect somewhere in that neighborhood. Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer Pranks is interesting to read, but I was never inspired to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
Detroit metro area
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eBay asking prices mean absolutely nothing. There are a lot of sellers just trolling for a sucker to come along. Always check the "show only: sold listings" box for an idea of what people are actually paying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sean
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the advice.

I might rethink my plans for the older stuff.

Sometimes you see a item with a price and think you have a winner.

Seriously though if anyone is interested GM me and we can work something out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Game Valuations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.