Support:

Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not sure it will ever pay off. Much in the way attacking (Bill) Clinton's extramarital affairs never quite paid off for the Republicans like they'd hope, most voters just don't care about the integrity of the President, they just want to know if they will do a good job.

Also, Fox News has done a great job of convincing the rest of the country that all non-Fox news channels, papers, and website have a leftist bias, so they will interpret the stories on Donald through that filter.

And finally, I think most people who WOULD have a problem with Trump's character flaws also have major problems with Hillary's (even though I personally believe, based on the evidence, that Trump's far outweigh Hillary's character flaws).

In short, I don't think undecided voters care who Donald called fat, as far as character goes they are both repugnant. So since one must win, they want to know who would be best at the job of President.

So what DO I think would be the best way to take down Donald?

-Show him as completely inept and unprepared for the Presidency. The first debate did a good job of this and I anticipate a 5-10% Clinton bounce.

-Give us more reasons to vote FOR Clinton. Her policies are pretty centrist and mainstream. I think she could win over some independents this way.

-Continue to point out how BAD Trump's policies are. That they'd add trillions to the debt. That the expensive wall would do nothing. That his foreign policy is reckless and alienating. That his judges would roll back minority, women's, and LGBT rights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To a degree, in the sense of it undermining the idea that Clinton is worse.

It will not change the minds of his core support, it will go some way to not putting more people off Clinton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Trump supporters understand that Trump is not a career politician so he has said and done things that most career politicians would never say or do. He was in the business of entertainment for years so he has said rude and shocking things to entertain.

Hillary has been a life long politician who has always maintained her image and watched what she said, so there are no gotchya things on camera where she said crazy shit.

Trump supporters like Trump because he is not a career politician and he is not politically correct and he says the rude and vulgar stuff most people say. He relates to the common people more.

The question is, how do swing voters look at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the Donald can take down Donald - it's his geis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
I think Trump supporters understand that Trump is not a career politician so he has said and done things that most career politicians would never say or do. He was in the business of entertainment for years so he has said rude and shocking things to entertain.

Hillary has been a life long politician who has always maintained her image and watched what she said, so there are no gotchya things on camera where she said crazy shit.

Eh, you could do some damage just by running shit she said 20 years ago. She rolls with the times.

That is, you could talk about super predators and DOMA and denouncing rape victims if your own speech wasn't doing the same shit currently. Fucking Trump.

An unnamed Republican could perhaps beat Clinton, Trump may not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What else can she do?
She can't run on what she has done...
So yeah, it is a good strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Clinton wins a résumé contest against all 17 Republican candidates (source: Rubio during the primary debates,) and all Trump has done is make less money as a businessman than if he'd of taken the money his dad gave him and stuffed it in a mutual fund.

Running on his accomplishments is complete nonsense, and Republicans running for office admit Clinton has done things, even if you cannot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Clinton wins a résumé contest against all 17 Republican candidates (source: Rubio during the primary debates,) and all Trump has done is make less money as a businessman than if he'd of taken the money his dad gave him and stuffed it in a mutual fund.

Running on his accomplishments is complete nonsense, and Republicans running for office admit Clinton has done things, even if you cannot.
You reckon?

Remember Jug Ears has got all he wanted and achieved nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Is having the job title enough of a qualification for you people?
It doesnt matter what happened?
Or what they did?
Just that they had it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the poll results. Yes, it looks like attacking Trump's character was effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Or what they did?
Told ya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Or what they did?

Rubio disagrees with you.

"Résumé contest" does not mean "job title comparison," that's reductive, dull, and irrelevant.

If you don't like Clinton, and I don't, saying "but she never did anything!" is useless rhetoric.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Or what they did?

"Résumé contest" does not mean "job title comparison," that's reductive, dull, and irrelevant.

If you don't like Clinton, and I don't, saying "but she never did anything!" is useless rhetoric.

Ok, then, What has she done?
What has she accomplished?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Or what they did?

Ask Rubio.

(I don't care to defend Clinton by digging up her accomplishments. Pretending they don't exist is a dead end, though, unless you're singing to the choir.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Here is what she has said she has done, do you disagree?
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/about/hillary/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Here is what she has said she has done, do you disagree?
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/about/hillary/

Disagree! Disagree!

Wait, do I have to click on it to disagree?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
From the poll results. Yes, it looks like attacking Trump's character was effective.

No, she was losing ground for 2 weeks when all she did was attack his character.

Her polls are up because she devastated him on the debate stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Or what they did?

Here:
http://addictinginfo.org/2015/04/13/heres-a-list-of-hillary-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xuzuthor wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Or what they did?

Here:

"Was the most traveled secretary of state to date."
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Or what they did?

Here:

Part of her job was meeting foreign leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
You seem to think that is pretty funny, which means you know of one or more who have so much more experience that her claim is comical. Can we see your data?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
You seem to think that is pretty funny, which means you know of one or more who have so much more experience that her claim is comical. Can we see your data?

Who would NOTE that as an accomplishment.
I went more places than every one else?
So what?
This is what is called, scraping the bottom of the barrel for something that seems like an accomplishment, but anyone that is not a Hillary licking drone would find that to be a serious accomplishment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
What else can she do?

That's ridiculous.

Or what they did?

Here:

Responding to one point.

Hmmmm, stawman much?

Plus, I do not see why going to many countries for diplomatic purposes is a bad thing. As secretary of state, forming closer ties is very important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Who would NOTE that as an accomplishment.
I went more places than every one else?
So what?

Um, are you even aware what the Secretary of State does?

And you wonder why people don't take you seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And so that it doesn't get stawmanned away here is the entire article:

Quote:
There are many, many people who seem to think Hillary Clinton hasn’t accomplished anything. Apparently, being a First Lady, a Senator, as well as Secretary of State doesn’t count as accomplishments to her critics. But here is a very simple summary that encompasses Hillary Clinton and what she has accomplished throughout her life — Courtesy of a friend:

“First ever student commencement speaker at Wellesley College. Distinguished graduate of Yale Law School. Former Director of the Arkansas Legal Aid Clinic. Former civil litigation attorney. Former Law Professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law. Former First Lady of Arkansas. Former First Lady of the United States, and the first FLOTUS in US History to hold a postgraduate degree. First ex-FLOTUS in US History to be elected to the United States Senate. Elected by the… State of New York to serve two terms in the United States Senate. Former US Secretary of State. GRAMMY Award Winner. Author. Self proclaimed Pantsuit Aficionado. Married to a man named Bill, who plays the saxophone.”

You don’t have to like Hillary Clinton or her ideas. I get it. She’s a Democrat, a progressive (in most eyes), and conservatives don’t like that. However, you cannot say she does not have any accomplishments. Here are just a few:

- Even though her major initiative, the Clinton healthcare plan, failed (due to Republican obstruction), you cannot deny that it laid ground for what we have today, the Affordable Healthcare Act, something Clinton supports and would continue.
- She played a leading role in the development of State Children’s Health Insurance Program, which provides the much-needed state support for children whose parents cannot afford nor provide them with adequate healthcare coverage.
- She was also instrumental in the creation of the Adoption and Safe Families Act and the Foster Care Independence Act.
- Successfully fought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and asthma at the National Institute of Health (NIH).
- She spearheaded investigations into mental illness plaguing veterans of the Gulf War; we now have a term for it – Gulf War Syndrome.
- At the Department of Justice, she helped create the office on Violence Against Women.
- She was instrumental in securing over $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.
- Took a leading role in the investigation of health consequences of first responders and drafted the first bill to compensate and offer the health services our first responders deserve (Clinton’s successor in the Senate, Kirsten Gillibrand, passed the bill).
- Was instrumental in working out a bi-partisan compromise to address civil liberty abuses for the renewal of the U.S. Patriot Act.
- Proposed a revival of the New Deal-era Home Owners’ Loan Corporation to help homeowners refinance their mortgages in the wake of the 2008 financial disaster.
- Was a major proponent of sensible diplomacy which brought about a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel, and brokered human rights with Burma.
- Oversaw free trade agreements with our allies such as Panama, Colombia, and South Korea.
- Was the most traveled Secretary of State to date.
- The Clinton Foundation, founded by her and her husband, has improved the living conditions for nearly 400 million people in over 180 countries through its Initiative program.

These are not all of her accomplishments. Her activism on behalf of women a children across the world is renowned. Her activism for raising the minimum wage and combating climate change is stellar. You do not have to support what she does or stands for. But do not say she doesn’t have any accomplishments. The conservatives who say this are the ones who are pushing for Ted Cruz – who brought on a $24 billion shut down. That, to them, is an accomplishment?

Yes, Hillary Clinton has accomplishments. You don’t have to like them, but they do, in fact, exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.