$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 108.04

6,709 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Jabba the Hutt? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lesouef
France
Ermont
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did i miss something or are there no reference to Jabba the Hutt?! cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no, he's neutral after all
maybe if they ever do an expansion might they add him
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
His miniature was so large it wouldn't fit in the box.
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
His miniature was so large it wouldn't fit in the box.


There was a lot of empty space in the box, even for Jabba.

Now there are Plano boxes.

However if you look at Nal Hutta with a magnifying glass you might be able to see some Hutts.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jabba no botha
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
The Star Wars universe is a pretty complex place (well, at least it was in the old EU). It's decently flushed out, and Jabba and his syndicate (even as iconic as they are) only represent a small fraction of it. The conflict in Rebellion is about the Alliance against the Empire- Jabba and his goons may have played some part in this, but they wisely rode the line for the most part. I think it makes sense to leave them out.


If anything, I'm a little disappointed that Fett made it into the game. I'd much rather simply have him represented as a mission card that would play out as an advanced "capture" mission (maybe allowing for a one turn capture/carbon freeze combo). It feels weird having him essentially working as an agent of the Empire every turn.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:


If anything, I'm a little disappointed that Fett made it into the game. I'd much rather simply have him represented as a mission card that would play out as an advanced "capture" mission (maybe allowing for a one turn capture/carbon freeze combo). It feels weird having him essentially working as an agent of the Empire every turn.


Changing the title of "collect bounty" to "issue bounty" and removing Fett as a character certainly would feel reasonable from a lore perspective. But for fanboy/fangirl reasons they were forced to include him. Also the empire kinda had to really search the original trilogy lore to get enough leaders. I think they tried to avoid old EU (the true EU if you ask me) as much as possible. Soonter Fel is the only old EU character in the game right?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:


If anything, I'm a little disappointed that Fett made it into the game. I'd much rather simply have him represented as a mission card that would play out as an advanced "capture" mission (maybe allowing for a one turn capture/carbon freeze combo). It feels weird having him essentially working as an agent of the Empire every turn.


Changing the title of "collect bounty" to "issue bounty" and removing Fett as a character certainly would feel reasonable from a lore perspective. But for fanboy/fangirl reasons they were forced to include him. Also the empire kinda had to really search the original trilogy lore to get enough leaders. I think they tried to avoid old EU (the true EU if you ask me) as much as possible. Soonter Fel is the only old EU character in the game right?


Yeah, I know, the fanboys would've been mad. Fett has a contractual agreement to appear in all Star Wars licensed material to appease the fans, or so they say.

And yeah, they had to go pretty deep into the Imperial roster for this one. Casual fans should know Vader and Palpatine, of course, but I could see some casual fans even struggling to remember who Tarkin is. There's no way they'll remember who someone like Ozzel is.

As far as I know, Soontir Fel is the only EU character (likely included due to his popularity in the X-Wing miniature game by FFG. I do appreciate that they tried to shy away from EU characters that would likely be openly contradicted in the new chronology- as awesome as Mara Jade, Thrawn, and even Jorrus are, they'd probably at least get a passing mention in Episode 8 if they were still part of Star Wars lore- and I doubt any of them will.


In a way, I kind of like how the majority of the Empire leaders are simply various officers. It kinds of lends itself to the Stormtrooper effect- that being that the Rebels and their many and varied heroes seem a little more sympathetic than the droves and droves of similar looking, similarly dressed oldish dudes in black uniforms.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:


As far as I know, Soontir Fel is the only EU character (likely included due to his popularity in the X-Wing miniature game by FFG. I do appreciate that they tried to shy away from EU characters that would likely be openly contradicted in the new chronology- as awesome as Mara Jade, Thrawn, and even Jorrus are, they'd probably at least get a passing mention in Episode 8 if they were still part of Star Wars lore- and I doubt any of them will.


Didn't you hear though? Thrawn is full cannon again. Star Wars Rebels confirmed it! :-D

So now I'm wondering what Thrawns stats would be. Wouldn't it be cool if he was like a 3 3 but had next to no mission stats? Wasn't he always somebody to delegate those kinds of things but was a tactical genius?

My Thrawn knowledge is limited. But I feel a 3 3 with just logistics or even nothing could fill a roll. Like Fett in reverse.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:


As far as I know, Soontir Fel is the only EU character (likely included due to his popularity in the X-Wing miniature game by FFG. I do appreciate that they tried to shy away from EU characters that would likely be openly contradicted in the new chronology- as awesome as Mara Jade, Thrawn, and even Jorrus are, they'd probably at least get a passing mention in Episode 8 if they were still part of Star Wars lore- and I doubt any of them will.


Didn't you hear though? Thrawn is full cannon again. Star Wars Rebels confirmed it! :-D

So now I'm wondering what Thrawns stats would be. Wouldn't it be cool if he was like a 3 3 but had next to no mission stats? Wasn't he always somebody to delegate those kinds of things but was a tactical genius?

My Thrawn knowledge is limited. But I feel a 3 3 with just logistics or even nothing could fill a roll. Like Fett in reverse.


Oh yeah, I forgot Rebels was canon!

It would've been really cool to have him in this game, even though I'm sure his canon status was announced long after this hit the printers. Unfortunately, I doubt Fett was next on the chopping block to be replaced anyway, but we can dream.

I actually really like the idea of making him a strong military leader across the board with maybe a single logicstical mission trait or two. That way, he'd be a headliner for the Imperial Fleets, as he deserves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
David Umstattd wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:


As far as I know, Soontir Fel is the only EU character (likely included due to his popularity in the X-Wing miniature game by FFG. I do appreciate that they tried to shy away from EU characters that would likely be openly contradicted in the new chronology- as awesome as Mara Jade, Thrawn, and even Jorrus are, they'd probably at least get a passing mention in Episode 8 if they were still part of Star Wars lore- and I doubt any of them will.


Didn't you hear though? Thrawn is full cannon again. Star Wars Rebels confirmed it! :-D

So now I'm wondering what Thrawns stats would be. Wouldn't it be cool if he was like a 3 3 but had next to no mission stats? Wasn't he always somebody to delegate those kinds of things but was a tactical genius?

My Thrawn knowledge is limited. But I feel a 3 3 with just logistics or even nothing could fill a roll. Like Fett in reverse.


Oh yeah, I forgot Rebels was canon!

It would've been really cool to have him in this game, even though I'm sure his canon status was announced long after this hit the printers. Unfortunately, I doubt Fett was next on the chopping block to be replaced anyway, but we can dream.

I actually really like the idea of making him a strong military leader across the board with maybe a single logicstical mission trait or two. That way, he'd be a headliner for the Imperial Fleets, as he deserves.


There's always expansions!

And two symbols I think is too much. You have to ballance him with other leaders, many of which are 1 3 or 3 1 with two symbols. Which is why I'm thinking zero symbols. One logistics at most. Thrawn was into special projects if I remember right.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
David Umstattd wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:


As far as I know, Soontir Fel is the only EU character (likely included due to his popularity in the X-Wing miniature game by FFG. I do appreciate that they tried to shy away from EU characters that would likely be openly contradicted in the new chronology- as awesome as Mara Jade, Thrawn, and even Jorrus are, they'd probably at least get a passing mention in Episode 8 if they were still part of Star Wars lore- and I doubt any of them will.


Didn't you hear though? Thrawn is full cannon again. Star Wars Rebels confirmed it! :-D

So now I'm wondering what Thrawns stats would be. Wouldn't it be cool if he was like a 3 3 but had next to no mission stats? Wasn't he always somebody to delegate those kinds of things but was a tactical genius?

My Thrawn knowledge is limited. But I feel a 3 3 with just logistics or even nothing could fill a roll. Like Fett in reverse.


Oh yeah, I forgot Rebels was canon!

It would've been really cool to have him in this game, even though I'm sure his canon status was announced long after this hit the printers. Unfortunately, I doubt Fett was next on the chopping block to be replaced anyway, but we can dream.

I actually really like the idea of making him a strong military leader across the board with maybe a single logicstical mission trait or two. That way, he'd be a headliner for the Imperial Fleets, as he deserves.


There's always expansions!

And two symbols I think is too much. You have to ballance him with other leaders, many of which are 1 3 or 3 1 with two symbols. Which is why I'm thinking zero symbols. One logistics at most. Thrawn was into special projects if I remember right.


That's fair.

As far as I remember, it seemed like most logistics missions are "resolve" anyway, so it might actually be redundant to have two anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vomkrieg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect, if Jabba makes it in, it will be as a neutral faction in an expansion, that can be influenced by either side.

No idea how that would work though
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lesouef
France
Ermont
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
It's decently flushed out, and Jabba and his syndicate (even as iconic as they are) only represent a small fraction of it. The conflict in Rebellion is about the Alliance against the Empire- Jabba and his goons may have played some part in this, but they wisely rode the line for the most part. I think it makes sense to leave them out.
For me, SW:R is about 3 movies (IV, V, VI) and not about the EU of Star Wars. I have not read any book of Star Wars, I do not know much SW Rebels, though I know all the elements of the game. Only the names of the systems and the specific mission to Kashyyyk not come directly from episodes IV, V and VI.
So in these 3 films, Jabba is a iconic character of 1 (and a half) of this movies. I regret he's not shown in the game, at least in a mission.
SW:R is comparable to War of the Ring, a game with a very extensive world. For exemple, I find it remarkable that Tom Bombadil is present in WotR (though he does not take part in the conflict in the book). In the game, he's shown only on 1 event, not very powerfull, but this character is so iconic that he must be in the game.
I think it could be the same with Jabba...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ithkrall wrote:
I suspect, if Jabba makes it in, it will be as a neutral faction in an expansion, that can be influenced by either side.

No idea how that would work though


I'm interested to see how he's gonna work in Imperial Assault. It seems like he's going to be an Imp villain at first, but from what I've read, it almost seems like there might be a chance he could swing to the Rebels' side in the campaign.

judograal wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
It's decently flushed out, and Jabba and his syndicate (even as iconic as they are) only represent a small fraction of it. The conflict in Rebellion is about the Alliance against the Empire- Jabba and his goons may have played some part in this, but they wisely rode the line for the most part. I think it makes sense to leave them out.
For me, SW:R is about 3 movies (IV, V, VI) and not about the EU of Star Wars. I have not read any book of Star Wars, I do not know much SW Rebels, though I know all the elements of the game. Only the names of the systems and the specific mission to Kashyyyk not come directly from episodes IV, V and VI.
So in these 3 films, Jabba is a iconic character of 1 (and a half) of this movies. I regret he's not shown in the game, at least in a mission.
SW:R is comparable to War of the Ring, a game with a very extensive world. For exemple, I find it remarkable that Tom Bombadil is present in WotR (though he does not take part in the conflict in the book). In the game, he's shown only on 1 event, not very powerfull, but this character is so iconic that he must be in the game.
I think it could be the same with Jabba...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Jabba isn't iconic. On the contrary, I've actually acknowledged that he very much is.

It's just that, in the grand scheme of things in Rebels v Empire, he's simply not one of the major players. If this game was about the criminal underworld of The Galaxy, or if it was a game focused on iconic characters (like the upcoming Star Wars Destiny) of course it would make sense to include him. But in this game, he'd basically just be fanservice.

I think maybe if Jabba was referenced in a mission card that would be okay. For instance, there could be one with his art featured on it called something like "Deliver Prize", and if successful it would allow the Imperial player to remove a Rebel hero frozen in carbonite from the game, thus freeing up the carbonite freezing ring.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lesouef
France
Ermont
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
I think maybe if Jabba was referenced in a mission card that would be okay. For instance, there could be one with his art featured on it called something like "Deliver Prize", and if successful it would allow the Imperial player to remove a Rebel hero frozen in carbonite from the game, thus freeing up the carbonite freezing ring.
Yes. Or an Action Card like R2-D2. It would have been enough. But no... I am surprised that there is no element that refers to him.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Garrett
msg tools
There was an interesting suggestion earlier which proposed (if I remember correctly) that Jabba be added as a leader (obtained through a starting action card or mission- don't recall) who simply sits on Tatooine, cannot perform missions, and does not return to the leader pool during refresh phases. His stats were high- maybe 2 diplomacy, 2 espionage, 1 spec ops. His whole purpose would be to give the Empire a system where they could safely perform missions and store prisoners with a reasonable level of safety from rebel hero actions. I thought it was a creative and very appropriate portrayal of the character.

Honestly, Jabba's complete absence from the game is the single greatest indicator that makes me suspect that we'll eventually see an expansion to this game- he's simply such a major character to the story that I'd be shocking if his not being in the vanilla game was anything other than delaying a later arrival.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
David Umstattd wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
David Umstattd wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:


As far as I know, Soontir Fel is the only EU character (likely included due to his popularity in the X-Wing miniature game by FFG. I do appreciate that they tried to shy away from EU characters that would likely be openly contradicted in the new chronology- as awesome as Mara Jade, Thrawn, and even Jorrus are, they'd probably at least get a passing mention in Episode 8 if they were still part of Star Wars lore- and I doubt any of them will.


Didn't you hear though? Thrawn is full cannon again. Star Wars Rebels confirmed it! :-D

So now I'm wondering what Thrawns stats would be. Wouldn't it be cool if he was like a 3 3 but had next to no mission stats? Wasn't he always somebody to delegate those kinds of things but was a tactical genius?

My Thrawn knowledge is limited. But I feel a 3 3 with just logistics or even nothing could fill a roll. Like Fett in reverse.


Oh yeah, I forgot Rebels was canon!

It would've been really cool to have him in this game, even though I'm sure his canon status was announced long after this hit the printers. Unfortunately, I doubt Fett was next on the chopping block to be replaced anyway, but we can dream.

I actually really like the idea of making him a strong military leader across the board with maybe a single logicstical mission trait or two. That way, he'd be a headliner for the Imperial Fleets, as he deserves.


There's always expansions!

And two symbols I think is too much. You have to ballance him with other leaders, many of which are 1 3 or 3 1 with two symbols. Which is why I'm thinking zero symbols. One logistics at most. Thrawn was into special projects if I remember right.


That's fair.

As far as I remember, it seemed like most logistics missions are "resolve" anyway, so it might actually be redundant to have two anyway.


That's correct. All logistics missions are resolves for both sides. It's why nobody gets more than one logistics. It's unnecessary.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Garriath wrote:
There was an interesting suggestion earlier which proposed (if I remember correctly) that Jabba be added as a leader (obtained through a starting action card or mission- don't recall) who simply sits on Tatooine, cannot perform missions, and does not return to the leader pool during refresh phases. His stats were high- maybe 2 diplomacy, 2 espionage, 1 spec ops. His whole purpose would be to give the Empire a system where they could safely perform missions and store prisoners with a reasonable level of safety from rebel hero actions. I thought it was a creative and very appropriate portrayal of the character.

Ooooh, I really like that idea. To be honest, that's the best idea for an expansion that I've ever heard- adding leaders (or perhaps even structures) to planets to provide static effects.

For instance, the Empire could play Jabba much as you described. Or, perhaps these "static leaders" could be one-sided chits that lay down, rather than standing up. Some of them could be bounty hunters laid face down (Bossk, Dengar, IG-88, etc) who act as "trap" cards and contribute to the Empire's spec ops in a capture if flipped over. Or, maybe the Rebels could flip over a "Diversion Beacon" chit, drawing all adjacent imperial troops to the planet it's on. Or an Imperial can flip over a World Devastator to add successes to a round of ground combat.

Sorry to keep going on with this, I just think the idea of a balanced expansion to this game is a fascinating idea.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mb
For the classic trilogy, the scum faction has always played some part in it, large or small. We have Jabba in EP4 and 6, and the bounty hunters in EP5.

I think a way to incorporate them would be to add additional setup during the initial seeding of the loyalty system. Flip over three remote system and assign them a scum faction token. Both side could perform diplomatic mission (both starting mission) on these remote system in order to gain some influence. Influence tracks for both side would allow them to either draw some "event" cards, or extra leader like Jabba, various bounty hunter, or hired gun that is one-use.

This is just some very basic thought since I read this thread. Perhaps better mind would be able to build upon it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vomkrieg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garriath wrote:
There was an interesting suggestion earlier which proposed (if I remember correctly) that Jabba be added as a leader (obtained through a starting action card or mission- don't recall) who simply sits on Tatooine, cannot perform missions, and does not return to the leader pool during refresh phases. His stats were high- maybe 2 diplomacy, 2 espionage, 1 spec ops. His whole purpose would be to give the Empire a system where they could safely perform missions and store prisoners with a reasonable level of safety from rebel hero actions. I thought it was a creative and very appropriate portrayal of the character.

Honestly, Jabba's complete absence from the game is the single greatest indicator that makes me suspect that we'll eventually see an expansion to this game- he's simply such a major character to the story that I'd be shocking if his not being in the vanilla game was anything other than delaying a later arrival.


That's really good, almost perfect. I it captures the essence of Jabba, makes him unique, and creates a play new option.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Garrett
msg tools
eunoia wrote:
For the classic trilogy, the scum faction has always played some part in it, large or small. We have Jabba in EP4 and 6, and the bounty hunters in EP5.

I think a way to incorporate them would be to add additional setup during the initial seeding of the loyalty system. Flip over three remote system and assign them a scum faction token. Both side could perform diplomatic mission (both starting mission) on these remote system in order to gain some influence. Influence tracks for both side would allow them to either draw some "event" cards, or extra leader like Jabba, various bounty hunter, or hired gun that is one-use.


Really like this idea- though I might suggest that, rather than just remote systems being scum candidates, all un-aligned starting systems are potential candidates (I'd like to see scum on Nal Hutta at least as often as on Endor!).

One idea that I had for integrating scum into the main game in a balanced way was to introduce Funding and Mercenary tokens, which act as one-off re-rolls for missions and combat, respectively. I really like the idea of either side having the option of pursuing a scum alliance, and this seems like one easy way to do it without inherently unbalancing either side.

I'm just daydreaming here, but this is what I'm thinking for a scum expansion:
-Every successful mission (or successful opposition) on a Scum system, regardless of loyalty, offers 1 influence token. A few extra missions might give influence tokens, too.
-On every refresh phase that does NOT have a production step, draw two "Scum event" cards that both sides see.
-"Scum events" include opportunities for hiring bounty hunters, static leaders like Jabba, or buying bunches of funding/mercenary tokens (say, 4 for 1 influence).
-Each "scum event" has an up-front purchase cost of maybe 1-3 influence.
-However, only one side can purchase a given event card- whoever spends the most influence. In the event of a tie, neither side receives the bonus.


I like that this system doesn't seem set up to give an inherent advantage to either side, that it complements existing mechanisms rather than creating too many new ones. It should also increase the likelihood of a few systems becoming flashpoints for the campaign, which I think makes for more engaging storytelling (as it stands, for instance, Tatooine rarely sees much action in SW:R, despite being in 5/6 movies!). It should also add an extra element of excitement to refresh phases which do not include production. Thoughts?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Garriath wrote:
eunoia wrote:
For the classic trilogy, the scum faction has always played some part in it, large or small. We have Jabba in EP4 and 6, and the bounty hunters in EP5.

I think a way to incorporate them would be to add additional setup during the initial seeding of the loyalty system. Flip over three remote system and assign them a scum faction token. Both side could perform diplomatic mission (both starting mission) on these remote system in order to gain some influence. Influence tracks for both side would allow them to either draw some "event" cards, or extra leader like Jabba, various bounty hunter, or hired gun that is one-use.


Really like this idea- though I might suggest that, rather than just remote systems being scum candidates, all un-aligned starting systems are potential candidates (I'd like to see scum on Nal Hutta at least as often as on Endor!).

One idea that I had for integrating scum into the main game in a balanced way was to introduce Funding and Mercenary tokens, which act as one-off re-rolls for missions and combat, respectively. I really like the idea of either side having the option of pursuing a scum alliance, and this seems like one easy way to do it without inherently unbalancing either side.

I'm just daydreaming here, but this is what I'm thinking for a scum expansion:
-Every successful mission (or successful opposition) on a Scum system, regardless of loyalty, offers 1 influence token. A few extra missions might give influence tokens, too.
-On every refresh phase that does NOT have a production step, draw two "Scum event" cards that both sides see.
-"Scum events" include opportunities for hiring bounty hunters, static leaders like Jabba, or buying bunches of funding/mercenary tokens (say, 4 for 1 influence).
-Each "scum event" has an up-front purchase cost of maybe 1-3 influence.
-However, only one side can purchase a given event card- whoever spends the most influence. In the event of a tie, neither side receives the bonus.


I like that this system doesn't seem set up to give an inherent advantage to either side, that it complements existing mechanisms rather than creating too many new ones. It should also increase the likelihood of a few systems becoming flashpoints for the campaign, which I think makes for more engaging storytelling (as it stands, for instance, Tatooine rarely sees much action in SW:R, despite being in 5/6 movies!). It should also add an extra element of excitement to refresh phases which do not include production. Thoughts?


I like that idea. If done, though, I'd like for a new Imp leader to replace Boba Fett, preferrably one with identical attributes to preserve balance. I'd nominate Canor Jax, since he's basically already in Imp Assault as the RoGo Champ.

Not sure what you mean by funding. Are you envisioning funding as a way to speed up units down the production queue, or maybe a way to add units to the production queue? Or was it something else?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having Jabba stay on tattooine seems weird to me from a design perspective. It would be like having the rebels have to pick Hoth for their base, or the second death star having to be constructed on Endor.

Now maybe he can only influence certain systems. Like Kessel, Nal Hutta, Tatooine, Rodia, Toydaria and Bothwai. Though that just makes the rebels less likely to go for those systems which seems to make the guessing game easier and thus less interesting.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
Having Jabba stay on tattooine seems weird to me from a design perspective. It would be like having the rebels have to pick Hoth for their base, or the second death star having to be constructed on Endor.

Now maybe he can only influence certain systems. Like Kessel, Nal Hutta, Tatooine, Rodia, Toydaria and Bothwai. Though that just makes the rebels less likely to go for those systems which seems to make the guessing game easier and thus less interesting.

Maybe he could only go to populated planets neutral loyalty, and would have to automatically relocate if a planet gained loyalty? That way he'd try to stay off the grid, and Rebels could try to chase him off key planets while the Empire would have to be strategic about placing him on key planets, but ones that they didn't want loyalty on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.