25.7% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've referred to this before but here's the video I was referring to.

What if trump isn't being audited? Why has trump refused to release the IRS letter that says trump is being audited?

There is nothing in the letter except the statement that Trump is being audited in a given year.

Love conway's double take... "I'm sorry?" "Are you calling him a liar?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
But the thing is - even IF he was - it doesn't matter.

There is nothing about being audited that prevents you from releasing your tax returns - indeed, Nixon ACTUALLY DID THAT while being audited.

Which brings up the question - why is Trump being less transparent than Richard Nixon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Initial guess would be that the taxes would show him to be highly leveraged, and probably worth far less than he brags about. Not that there is a difference to me between 4 billion and 10 billion, laughs, I'd take either. It also might show that he has not been as generous with his money, when the public eye was not scrutinizing him. Not that that is an obligation necessarily, but releasing the taxes might prove that he is a charity cheapskate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes... but if he's lying about being audited in the first place...

That's a massive whopper he has been maintaining.

And all he has to do is release the IRS form letter to resolve this and he hasn't so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
Initial guess would be that the taxes would show him to be highly leveraged, and probably worth far less than he brags about. Not that there is a difference to me between 4 billion and 10 billion, laughs, I'd take either. It also might show that he has not been as generous with his money, when the public eye was not scrutinizing him. Not that that is an obligation necessarily, but releasing the taxes might prove that he is a charity cheapskate.

It will also likely show that he owes money to people or areas of the world that would possibly compromise his decision-making as president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
And all he has to do is release the IRS form letter to resolve this and he hasn't so far.

Have we seen his long form birth certificate yet? He could be a Russian sleeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Have we seen his long form birth certificate yet? He could be a Russian sleeper.

Yeah, he sent it to Hillary in an email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is smart to no share them as the Obama administration has already been proven to use the IRS as a political weapon. It would foolish of him to release them as the media would do their actual jobs and go over them with a fine tooth comb. No thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

He probably has not paid taxes in years, and it may reveal his connection with the Russians. People are saying, a lot of people, that he is a Russian sleeper. I have been hearing that a lot, and from well connected people in very high places. Believe me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I think it is smart to no share them as the Obama administration has already been proven to use the IRA as a political weapon. It would foolish of him to release them as the media would do their actual jobs and go over them with a fine tooth comb. No thanks.

None of that is true, of course. The IRA really has no business looking into anyone's tax situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

None of that is true, of course. The IRA really has no business looking into anyone's tax situation.

...but hey, if you need a hotel bombed, they're your guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
I think it is smart to no share them as the Obama administration has already been proven to use the IRA as a political weapon. It would foolish of him to release them as the media would do their actual jobs and go over them with a fine tooth comb. No thanks.

Oh boy, you zinged me with that one you silly goose !

Perhaps my auto correct is more afraid of the IRS then the IRA, which seems reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
further: if Trump is being audited this year, there's nothing preventing him from releasing, say, last year's taxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
49xjohn wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

Perhaps my auto correct is more afraid of the IRS then the IRA, which seems reasonable.

You do realize, that the IRS actually has Trump's taxes, already, right?

That 'releasing his tax returns' has nothing to do with whether the government has that data or not (it already does), but rather whether they are publicly available for review?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
49xjohn wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

You do realize, that the IRS actually has Trump's taxes, already, right?

That 'releasing his tax returns' has nothing to do with whether the government has that data or not (it already does), but rather whether they are publicly available for review?
So why have they not been leaked or "hacked" by the evil obamanazi's...ohh wait could it be...no it must be some evil Obamaplot of some kind (that's just how evil he is, he does not do evil things all the time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.