Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Buel
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unstoppable means, can ignore patrollers.

Can a unit with Unstoppable ignore just the Squad Leader and attack a different patroller? Or is "ignore patrollers" binary, like, either you're ignoring all of them or you're not.

ty in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it just means you can attack whatever you want - and that includes any patroller you want, if that is your preferred choice.

I don't think there is anything in the game that explicitly forbids you from targetting patrollers - except that ground forces without anti-air cannot hit flying patrollers.

Mind you I haven't actually played yet (European backer still waiting for his shipping notification from the KS...) - so I'm not claiming any kind of rules authority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Robin is right. The exceptions are cards with limited unstoppable like Colossus ("Unstoppable when attacking a base") or Traffic Director ("Unstoppable when attacking a building", which includes the base). But anything with straight-up unstoppable, like Xenostalker or Justice Juggernaut, can choose to attack anything*, including any one of the patrollers.

(*: Unless that thing itself is unattackable due to being invisible, flying, or otherwise unattackable. Invisible patrollers can be attacked, but flying patrollers can't unless the attacker has flying or anti-air.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "default" is that you can attack anything with hit points, subject to limitations such as flying and invisibility above.

If your opponent has a patroller, however, you must eliminate their patrol before you hit anything else, and you must eliminate the squad leader before you hit any other patroller.

All unstoppable does is remove those requirements, so you go back to the default: you can attack anything with hit points. And "anything" includes units that are in patrol. Totally up to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a follow up. Can unstoppable fliers ignore anti-air potrollers? Or do the anti-air still shoot at them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VirtualAlex wrote:
I have a follow up. Can unstoppable fliers ignore anti-air potrollers? Or do the anti-air still shoot at them?

That's a good follow-up. And I'm pretty sure that the answer is, actually, it's up to the attacker!

Anti-air deals combat damage to creatures that "fly over" the patroller. The definition of "flies over" is to specifically use flying to ignore the patroller.

If you have a flying & unstoppable creature, both of which say that the creature can ignore patrollers, when you attack you can decide exactly which ability they're using to bypass the patrol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When something "flies over" your patroller with anti-air, that means it used FLYING in particular to ignore your patroller. For example, if an attacker has stealth and flying and you don't have a detector, then the attacker doesn't even need to use flying to ignore your patroller. Stealth allows it to ignore your patroller so no "fly over" happened there and your anti-air patroller will not hit the attacker. 3/14/2016 Sirlin

From the Big Spreadsheet of Rulings.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WyO1v5RCqBQwKYi4tfKO...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.