COMMANDER: Who are we?
TROOPS: WE'RE-THE-SPACE-MON-KEYS!
COMMANDER: Where are we from?
TROOPS: GOOD-OLD-EARTH!
COMMANDER: What are we here for?
TROOPS: TO-KICK-SOME-ALIEN-ASS-ES!
OOH OOH, AAH AAH! SPACE-MON-KEYS!

--Space Monkeys Unit's battle cry

Man, what a crappy planet this is. Basically, everything here is trying to kill you. Last month, we were frying our balls on the shore of Meralas. Now, they've thrown us into the middle of a jungle somewhere in Sendero, with bugs so creepy I want to scream. Oh, and how can I forget the frozen deserts of General MacCommon's offensive? We almost froze to death!

Damn, I never thought I'd miss the academy, but here we are. Even our crappy barracks are better than this planet!

--excerpt from a private correspondence

It's always the same with the Trogs. You come across their war party, you have a fight, and you kick their coarse asses. Just when you think you have the area under control, their nests tart to grow, one after another, hidden in the chasms. Soon, you have their troops popping out of nowhere. They show up in great numbers, like ants, causing a general headache for the command. They parallel the immune system: the more you push them, the greater response you get.

--from Cadet's Manual

So, we found the Machine's transporter wreck right there, in the middle of a frickin' salt desert. A perfect hideout, you'd say? That's bull! They forgot about having a crew years ago! The shuttle was packed full of scrap. You couldn't even stick your nose in it. Passages too narrow to walk, no place to step. Zero air conditioning... They should have kept some space for their masters, shouldn't they?

--overheard in a canteen

13:15 (DA17): Oh my God, its full of stars! So...so beautiful!
13:15: (CQ): Corporal Dawson, report!
13:16 (DA17): They're coming over here. I can hear their voices. Its like...like a chorus.
13:16 (CQ): Corporal, we need you out of there. Do you hear me?
13:16 (DA17): My goodness...Did you hear that?
13:17 (CQ): Corporal, retreat! That's an order!
13:18 (DA17): [unintelligible]
13:18 (CQ): Corporal, report! Dawson! Dawson!

--a transcript of a contact with the Pilgrims

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't bring myself to throw out this insert purely based on the these!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh With me, any insert usually goes right in the trash, so I can fit extra copies of the rules and Faction Strategy guides, etc. as well as the components themselves! Luckily, for Cry Havoc, everything goes back in the box after initial plastic bagging (and they even give you enough bags, too). Although I do sometimes cut down an insert to make it flat and save the artwork, as I would have done in this case for the quotes, had it been necessary.

Since nobody else even made reference to this yet online, I thought it would be fun to share, while most people are still waiting for their own copies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.