Hide
3 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Aquaman + Fortress of Solitude + Kicks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Bowles
msg tools
So I believe that it is understood that Aquaman is one of the better Super Heroes (mechanically) out of the base set of DC Deck Building. I always understood he had vast potential, but last night, we discovered his ridiculous synergy with Fortress of Solitude.

Aquaman
Super Hero
- You may put any cards with cost 5 or less you buy or gain during your turn on top of your deck -

Fortress of Solitude
Location (When you play this card, leave it front of you for the rest of the game)
- Ongoing: When you play your first Super Power on each of your turns, draw a card -

Kick
Super Power (Kicks are gained/bought from a kick stack, separate from the line-up)
+2 Power

To sum it up shortly, the opening board had Fortress of Solitude, which I managed to buy early on and then proceeded to buy and keep buying kicks anytime I couldn't buy something juicy like the Super Villain. This kept a constant stream of medium to high power and a 6 card hand. The game moved so fast that it ended with everyone having a low score.

The turn by turn breakdown was something like this:
Quote:
Aquaman vs Green Lanturn vs Cyborg. I (Aquaman) went first.

The opening board had all cards that cost 4 or higher, including Fortress of Solitude.

Turn 1:
I open up 3 punches, so I purchase a Kick and place it on top of my deck.

Turn 2:
I have the Kick and 3 more punches. I purchase Fortress of Solitude and place it on top of my deck.

Turn 3:
I draw Fortress of Solitude, 2 punches, and 2 vulnerabilities. I play the Location card and end my turn.

Turn 4:
I draw a kick, 3 punches, and a vulnerability. I play the 3 punches to purchase a kick and place it on top of my deck. I then play the kick from my hand. Fortress of Solitude activates, allowing me to draw the 2nd kick. With the 4 power, I purchase a 3rd kick and stack it on top of my deck.

Turn 5+:
From here onward, I repeat the same pattern of buying kicks or other super powers of 5 or less to stack on my deck to constantly have a 6 card hand. Eventually, I also gain Arkham Asylum and start buying the super villains. It was the perfect storm. My ending deck consisted of about 8 Super Villains, my starters, 12 kicks, the 2 locations, and about 4 other cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Baker
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
The way I read it though is FOS activates when you play the card, you cant purchase in between. So play the SP, draw card from FOS, then purchase card and put it on top of deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smbakeresq wrote:
The way I read it though is FOS activates when you play the card, you cant purchase in between. So play the SP, draw card from FOS, then purchase card and put it on top of deck

You don't have to play all of your cards before buying.
You can Play>Buy>Play>Buy.

He plays 3 Punches, buys a Kick > top of deck, then plays the Kick from his hand to trigger the Fortress, and draws the New Kick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.