Subject: Now Available on Steam rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded the Hexwar pc version of the game and it is currently 20% off. I have not had a chance to dig into the game yet but there appears to be no tutorial. Will need to watch some vids and read the rules before I can really appreciate the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
boardgamebrewer.wordpress.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing the mac version, and there is a tutorial that pops up as you go through a game. The options have a "reset tutorial" option in case you ave to see them again.

I played the beta a number of times and I am really happy how well it keeps true to the board game. The AI is pretty good and makes some moves that makes me smile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry but those tutorial tips are just that, brief descriptions. A dedicated tutorial explaining the game flow is what I was referring to. Not a problem, one read through the manual and watch some youtube play throughs and I'll be set...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played couple of the short games, really is pretty good conversion. Yet to try multiplayer but would love to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am holding off for the IOS version, anyone know when that will be out? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
I am holding off for the IOS version, anyone know when that will be out? Thanks

Word is in about a month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet I think I would grab that too. Also hope they bring over 1812 as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

During the Reinforcements Phase, have any of you received the message, "No valid locations to add reinforcements.", when there are?

My current example is playing as the Americans, during the Continentals turn, the Americans control Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Georgia. I should be able to place my four reinforcements into the city areas of any of those colonies. But instead, I get the above message while the game forces me to click on the "End Phase" button. The Continentals have only 27 cubes in play.

Has this happened to anyone else, or am I missing something?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Also, here's another bug(?) that I discovered:

It's the Continental's turn, playing a 3 Armies x1 movement card. For some reason, the game won't let me move an Army from Western Massachusetts into Southern New Hampshire, even though they are adjacent to each other. (See the situation in the image below.. note how Southern New Hampshire isn't shaded green as a legal movement option)?

Then on a later turn, I played a "move two spaces" card, and it would let me make that move, then.

So it seems that the game thinks southern New Hampshire is two spaces away from Western Massachusetts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Pisarz, Jr.
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree it seems like a bug. Be sure to submit a support ticket or post to the community forum on Steam. Hexwars is actively monitoring and have been very responsive to my posts. I have opened two support tickets and they said they will start working them on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Done, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patch 1.03 is out and I think fixed this. They do seem to listen and respond which is always nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes! Though 1.03 only fixed the 2nd bug I posted above. It didn't fix the 1st ("No valid locations to add reinforcements") bug. I was able to narrow down the situation in which that bug occurs and have updated my post over in the Steam community forum with that info. Hopefully they can address it for the next patch.

But you're absolutely right that they seem very attentive to bug reports and try to fix them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad to see that they are working on the game to make it better. 1.04 just came out today. They listen and respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, I posted a few bugs on the Steam forum and they responded immediately, and had them fixed in each of the following patches!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.