$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Dudley Albrecht
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
ANy definent word on if and when the first expansion will be available in English,and will it be standalone?

I ask the second question because I have the Sleuth editions of the base game and all the expansions except for West End,and would like to know if I need to buy the new version of the base game to play the expansion......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The description on the game page says
Quote:
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: Jack the Ripper & West End Adventures is a standalone expansion

It is also available for pre-order on the usual OLGS slated for November. I am not sure why you went around to all the threads saying these pre-orders were French as they clearly are not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Albrecht
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Because the game box shown is in French, and I have not seen a definent,clear statement from the publisher that there will be an English edition. If you can point me to one,I will gladly issue a retraction,since getting "West End" has been quite a desire of mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dudalb wrote:
Because the game box shown is in French, and I have not seen a definent,clear statement from the publisher that there will be an English edition. If you can point me to one,I will gladly issue a retraction,since getting "West End" has been quite a desire of mine.
So you are saying that you actually believe CSI, MM, etc. are all taking pre-orders for a French language only product? I don't even .... shake

Anyway since you seem to put a lot of weight into the language of the box being shown, here is the product page of the English version with an English box: https://asmodee.us/en/games/sherlock-holmes/products/jack-ri...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is definitely an English version of these cases in the works, and it will be printed. When? Not sure, but the text is quite close to being done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Albrecht
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I stand corrected.
Wonder if they will save time by using the original English Language version of West End Cases,and just add errata and what minor changes are needed to fit the new version,and only do a ground up translatation of the Jack the Ripper cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.