2 Posts

Desert Fox Deluxe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Greek Campaign (AL#5) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm confused by the rules regarding triggering of this event - can anyone else explain them? The table on R13 says Triggered by AL#2 and AX#2, and lists its effect as "MET Greece, CW reinforcements". However the MET table suggests that AL#5 is triggered by a crisis on the Greece track, and the rule at 4.5 says nothing specific about when the event is triggered, but says MET Greece is triggered by AL#2 and AX#2.

Assuming the events table is completely misleading, I interpret this as meaning that once AL#2 and AX#2 occur, the MET Track marker is activated, and when it reaches a crisis, then AL#5 occurs and the CW reinforcements listed on R31 are available (presumably in the Nile River Valley) on the turns indicated. Does this seem correct?

(There is a similar confusion regarding AL#6.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My take:

MET Greece is triggered when AX#2 and AL#2 have occurred.

MET Greece will trigger AL#5 when it reaches crisis; units on the track are returned (possibly with loss) and the reinforcements listed for AL#5 can occur.

Why would you send troops to MET Greece? Each turn the track is active, the ES marker is increased by 1, which is a positive Allied outcome. But it is hard to hold for long once the Germans are committed.

Syria is similar, but in this case the British will eventually want to commit enough forces to drive the situation less than 0, deactivating the box and triggering the reinforcements for AL#6. If Syria goes to crisis, it isn't deactivated, but does give ES -1 each turn it is in crisis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.