Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Muninger
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im so antsy for any new content for T.I.M.E. Stories that I have been contemplating ideas of my own to a new set. There are so many different possibilities with this game. That is what makes it so amazing.

I want to hear your idea or ideas for possible scenarios. Mine would be a comedy adventure, sort of like the movie The Hangover. There could be some funny twists and turns as you and your buddies try to recreate the events of after a heavy night of drinking. You would start out with only one health, and would have to regain strength by finding water or eating spare pizza. The problem is that you seemed to misplace your wallet the night before. It may not work with the whole theme of time travel, but it could work for the shell the base game provides. Who knows maybe there would be a reason for the boys at HQ to decide to infiltrate the lives of four bros after a night of partying for the greater good of humanity.

Have you thought of any scenarios that could work for the game? I would love to hear anything you thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I'd like a scenario(s) that scraps the time travel theme, and, instead, just be a normal murder/mystery/survival adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You want to scrap the time travel aspect....from a game called Time Stories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb

The title could refer to the time it takes to solve a mystery. "Time Stories" doesn't necessarily have to be about time travel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see one that takes place in the future instead of the past, and I don't just mean what we consider the future... I mean in the future of the TIME Agency, really crazy weird future stuff, like the whole bubble/tree in space kind of stuff from The Fountain.

Less crazy, but still stuff I'd really want to see, is the Wild West, Victorian Gothic era (think Penny Dreadful) and, as cliche as it may be, something with Dinosaurs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So many things they could explore with this conceit, I'd like to see them do some cool themes that aren't really explored in other games. Especially with the player interaction - one idea I had was an adventure set in the Stone Age, with players unable to use anything other than nonverbal communication for the most part, or Roman times with avatars a mix of Senators and plebes or slaves, dictating access to locations and certain types of actions in a more political scenario. A straight up murder mystery set in, say, 70's New York could be a French Connection-type jam, or an exploration scenario with Percy Fawcett's doomed expedition to find El Dorado.

Basically, ditch
Spoiler (click to reveal)
dragons and Lovecraft and zombies
and every other theme we already have in a zillion other great games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, the thing I love most about TIME Stories is the puzzly/mystery elements. Why are we here, what is happening, what do I need to do? I don't really care much about the other, less realistic aspects of the game one way or another. To me, they don't add anything but they are fine.

I would actually like to see LESS crazy ideas for expansions. I know they are talking about a noir mystery set in LA? That is my most anticipated expansion right now as I hope it copies the basic puzzle of the Marcy Case - moving around, talking to people, gathering clues, different paths to explore and trying to solve "who done it" in a sense.

This game also reminds me of the MYST series of PC games, which are some of my all time favorite PC experiences. I would LOVE to see them try and do more to replicate that sort of puzzle-solving experience. TIME Stories already kind of feels like those games, but it would be really cool to just use the cards to set up interconnected puzzles you have to solve. Once you solve a puzzle, you get an item that is needed for some other puzzle. And if they make it really open like Riven was, I would probably pee my pants in anticipation to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fba827 fba827
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's something I fiddled with drafting myself but alas I lack the time these days to put the needed effort in to it....

But a scenario where you are visiting the same location in two time periods (say a generation or two apart; or if getting bolder, the same location in 3 or 4 time periods - but the time periods should be less than 100 years apart so that you can recognize their similarities). And some device of limited use that allowed you to go back and forth between these time periods. And bypassing the puzzles/figuring things out in each time period requires information or items found in another period

But in a more general sense I'm more in to the puzzles and riddles and solving things based on stuff based on items found rather than a focus on combat and dice rolls (which is good in moderation but not the sole focus).

Oh i also really like it when some locations are character specific. Makes more importance to character choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick P.
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a scenario where players are sent to a soviet nuclear submarine that is just sinking and have to keep the captain from firing the missiles and begin a nuclear war. Every time the players run out of TU, they can hear the missiles launching as they are brought back to the base...

And a scenario where players are sent to Salem in 1692 to end the witch trials, before more witch hunts can spread throughout the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a Stargate themed scenario in one way or another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K'Trazz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fba827 wrote:
But a scenario where you are visiting the same location in two time periods (say a generation or two apart; or if getting bolder, the same location in 3 or 4 time periods - but the time periods should be less than 100 years apart so that you can recognize their similarities). And some device of limited use that allowed you to go back and forth between these time periods. And bypassing the puzzles/figuring things out in each time period requires information or items found in another period

Now THIS is fantastic! Also, I'd be awesome to use state tokens such that changes you made in the past period affect things in the future period. This could open up a new avenue for replayability. SOMEONE DO THIS NOW!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.