Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
So are backers going all in on the add-ons, or just sticking with the base game? I'm a bit torn, and would love to hear your thoughts on the add-ons.

First, the Saboteur cards and their mechanisms sound like a lot of fun, but they also seem quite expensive at $15 for four minis, cards, and bases. What do you think, are you backing them?

Second, the nine all new Dens. What is special about them? I don't even see why I would need more boards, do they offer a different challenge than the other boards, perhaps more difficult?

Third, the extra Dice. I love having extra dice in games reliant on dice, such as Vengeance is. I just enjoy not having to wait to be handed dice when it's your turn, instead you can start right way. However, are the dice in Vengeance etched plastic dice or not? They seem a bit expensive, so I certainly hope they are of great quality.

Please let me know, what if anything are you adding on to your pledge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Currently all in here! I like having more game-play options which to me equates to more replay ability. Also, always a consideration on these KS projects, is the fact that you don't really know which add-on(s) will really be a huge hit and which might not, so when financially feasible I try to pick them all up. Availability will always be limited for a while, so you have the option of selling if it doesn't fit well with your group. Then there is the fact that the more money raised, the more stretch goals are hit. All current add-ons look very interesting, so all in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Berg
Norway
Greverud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently I am only going for the new dens.
There are 9 new with 4 gambling dens with fortified doors which you cannot traverse with a free Run action. You can not shoot or be shot through them either.

Guess I will be adding the the new hero as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was told that with the sabouteurs, there will be a bundle of all for for a discount. A better deal is on the way.
The Dens will bring variability, fortified doors, big boss dens increassing the dificulty of the den that the big boss is.
The dice is 16mm plastic and etched according to the creators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waffling on whether to cancel my pledge. With the extras, excluding the dice, and including shipping this game is now over $200! I still love the theme, but cannot quite decide what to do. It doesn't help that there's only a single Kickstarter exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
I'm waffling on whether to cancel my pledge. With the extras, excluding the dice, and including shipping this game is now over $200! I still love the theme, but cannot quite decide what to do. It doesn't help that there's only a single Kickstarter exclusive.

Eight of the Upgrade tiles are KS exclusives as well, if that makes any difference

I understand your pain. I'm debating on the Saboteurs myself. I believe they will be using a pledge manager so I may hold off and add extra stuff on then, to help spread out the cost.

As a comparison, the original Zombicide campaign cost came out to around the same price, with approximately the same number of miniatures. Though they included a lot more exclusives as well. I know exclusives can be controversial, but I also know it can make some of these higher-priced KS games a little easier to justify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Yokiboy, just out of curiosity, did you end up pledging for the game or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
eduguima wrote:
Hey Yokiboy, just out of curiosity, did you end up pledging for the game or not?

Yes, I went all in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Now the pledge manager is open and I too am considering which add-ons to go for.

I'm wondering which add-on will give most bang for the buck? "Bang" here being defined as increased variety/replayability. Going all in makes me feel like giving in to a money-grab...

I'm thinking the $15 "9 All New Dens" sounds like a good candidate. Any (more) thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Jonson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After playing about 10 games with varying game player size. Went in for the "9 New Dens", "Meatboy" extra player and two of the Saboteurs: Guard Dog & Assassin. I like the idea of extra game elements but I don't need 16 as 8 is more then enough. I just don't see a lot usage for the saboteurs without adding in some house rules. The cost is a earned "star" which is also a victory point at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:
Now the pledge manager is open and I too am considering which add-ons to go for.

I'm wondering which add-on will give most bang for the buck? "Bang" here being defined as increased variety/replayability. Going all in makes me feel like giving in to a money-grab...

I'm thinking the $15 "9 All New Dens" sounds like a good candidate. Any (more) thoughts?

FYI there is an All-in level where you can get all the add-ons for $78, including the dens, sabatours, Meatboy, and extra dice and dice bag. It's a good deal if you're considering most of the add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.