Subject: Quick question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean L
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm going to be playing my first game this Saturday. I own 1st ed and the two big box expansions. Can anyone speak from experience in 2nd edition adding more variety (aside from investigators obviously)? Does it add additional scenarios? Would it be worth playing through without the added stuff first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jarvis
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add it in. You'll get investigators, tiles and monsters. Plus you'll get the two new scenarios for free when you enable them. I've played it with and without the old stuff and there was no reason to play it without. More variety. The only reason you shouldn't is if you just want to see what the new stuff is faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah adding the old stuff adds absolutely no complexity...just variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Backing up everyone else: add it immediately. The scenarios don't have have a high enough degree of replayability that you will want to play over and over, getting the extra freshness from the 1st edition variation. Better to have it from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.