Subject: New edition for the 20th anniversary? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tibor Csécsei
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know if there wil be a new release for the 20th anniversary next year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seems unlikely given how recent the FFG reprint was. Maybe a 25 year anniversary edition with wooden tiles and a wooden board with pokerwork style illustrations, suubtle hand painting and recessed areas to hold the tiles scrabble style, perhaps with some slightly raised 3D effect. And glass stones for Point cubes, and some kind of carved wooden chess piecey type leaders. But maybe I'm just thinking of my own personal "one day when I can" Project. If one game deserves it, This is that game,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
BoJack Horseman wrote:
seems unlikely given how recent the FFG reprint was. Maybe a 25 year anniversary edition with wooden tiles and a wooden board with pokerwork style illustrations, suubtle hand painting and recessed areas to hold the tiles scrabble style, perhaps with some slightly raised 3D effect. And glass stones for Point cubes, and some kind of carved wooden chess piecey type leaders. But maybe I'm just thinking of my own personal "one day when I can" Project. If one game deserves it, This is that game,

I think I need a lie-down...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
BoJack Horseman wrote:

Phwwooaarrr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
BoJack Horseman wrote:
Maybe a 25 year anniversary edition with wooden tiles and a wooden board with pokerwork style illustrations, suubtle hand painting and recessed areas to hold the tiles scrabble style, perhaps with some slightly raised 3D effect. And glass stones for Point cubes, and some kind of carved wooden chess piecey type leaders.

I'm suddenly feeling faint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
qwertymartin wrote:
BoJack Horseman wrote:

haha, I know, right! If only I'd paid any attention in woodwork classes or had earned as much Money as my 1971 richest peer Elon Musk it would already have happened. Double Fail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoJack Horseman wrote:

Eh, sounds a little over-produced. I'll keep my decent-enough looking Mayfair copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoJack Horseman wrote:

Somebody please make this. I won't be able to afford it, but I just want to know it exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, some fancy edition for Small World went for $400, and was a kickstarter thing. I did see this set at a con and it was really nice. However, never mind the price, but it does take up a lot of space (which many anniv./deluxe versions of board games do, similar to Settlers Of Catan).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.