Henchmania» Forums » General

Subject: Confused late backer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi.

I've late backed this game. It's the first time I did that on Kickstarter. So I was sent to PayPal to pay for the late pledge, did that, got a PayPal confirmation, and that was it.

I thought I'd get a confirmation of the Henchmania people or Kickstarter or anything at all, but I didn't.

So I messaged those people on Kickstarter, but they didn't reply. Then I went to their website and sent them a mail, asking them what is going on, whether I still have to fill out a form or whatever.

After a week I got their short reply, that everything worked and I will receive the game. And that's it.

I still get no updates whatsoever. Like, zero information. Will there ever be a pledge manager? I don't know. I can manually as a visitor visit the games Kickstarter update page, but of course I can't even comment. And if I forget to do that, I will of course get zero information.

As said, I haven't late pledged a project before. Is this supposed to be like that? It feels like that I threw my money down a dark hole, and if I ask what is happening, somebody shouts at me a year later "stop bothering us".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Claessens
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Orya wrote:
Hi.

I've late backed this game. It's the first time I did that on Kickstarter. So I was sent to PayPal to pay for the late pledge, did that, got a PayPal confirmation, and that was it.

I thought I'd get a confirmation of the Henchmania people or Kickstarter or anything at all, but I didn't.

So I messaged those people on Kickstarter, but they didn't reply. Then I went to their website and sent them a mail, asking them what is going on, whether I still have to fill out a form or whatever.

After a week I got their short reply, that everything worked and I will receive the game. And that's it.

I still get no updates whatsoever. Like, zero information. Will there ever be a pledge manager? I don't know. I can manually as a visitor visit the games Kickstarter update page, but of course I can't even comment. And if I forget to do that, I will of course get zero information.

As said, I haven't late pledged a project before. Is this supposed to be like that? It feels like that I threw my money down a dark hole, and if I ask what is happening, somebody shouts at me a year later "stop bothering us".

Never late pledged anything, so not much experience with that. But what information do you expect? I have backed the project on day one and don't have any more information than you at this moment. Everything I know is from the Kickstarter updates and comments that you can read as well.
And since they replied to your question, everything seems to be okay. Now we just have to be patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm in the exact same situation. It seems to me that late pledges are nothing to do with Kickstarter - you just have to keep an eye on it and kick up a fuss if you see that the pledge manager opens and you're not part of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I thought that I'd first get a confirmation for pledging. Like an automated mail saying "thank you for your pledge" so that I'd knew "ok, that worked".

Then that I'd be listed as a supporter on Kickstarter. Or, if I'm not, in the mail an explain why not or how that would work.

And then I'd have expected some sort of notification when there is an update on the game in Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently supported a game (hero realms) for the first time at kickstarter.
I am also a late backer.
If you login at kickstarter and check your projects then you will see that you aren't listed as supporter.
That confused me also at first, especially since 1 post was only for backers/supporters and offered a PNP-Version of the game.
I contacted the devs and got it.
Since yesterday we got the survey/backer kit and those late backers like me got e-mails from the CEO/main dev (regarding the survey) so I didn't miss it.
As for the other kickstarter updates in the campaign, you have to check the page...
This was my experience so far and although it isn't the same game I wanted to share my experience and I hope it helped a little bit.

My experience is that you do not have the status as backer if you are a late backer at kickstarter but I like the option to join the campaign even if it's over, otherwise you'll miss the exclusive stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that when you late back a project, you are just pledging to receive the product when released with some kickstarter exclusives.

You are not credited as a backer as you didn't contribute to the original funding and unlocking extras (I am aware of some projects that do credit you though).

You will also not receive any updates as these are sent through kickstarter and unless you are a backer you will not automatically receive these.

I backed Santorini, from a late pledge, and they actually email me directly with any updates that they post on Kickstater. So really it all depends on the project whether or not you get updates and credit for you backing.

Hopefully this does not deter you from late pledging in the future. What I tend to do is save a project that I have late becked on KS and then check every so often if they have made any updates. I currently do this with 5 projects that I initially missed.

Happy backing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.