4 Posts

Apocalypse Chaos» Forums » General

Subject: Any expansions planned? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this game today and will be playing it this weekend. I've already read through the rules in preparation of breaking it in and it strikes me that 7 Scenarios is not very many. Are there more planned in expansions or other products coming soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Stenun wrote:
I picked up this game today and will be playing it this weekend. I've already read through the rules in preparation of breaking it in and it strikes me that 7 Scenarios is not very many. Are there more planned in expansions or other products coming soon?

I doubt it. The game is awesome, but was not very popular.
But fret not. The game is highly replayable as it is.

This is really a game in the same vein as Ghost Stories once you get down to it. Ghost stories has only 1 scenario if you want to see it that way. Apocalypse Chaos has 7.

This isn't a game like Mansions of Madness 2 or Time Stories where there are spoilers or some such things in a scenario. Scenarios can be replayed infinitely.

Creating custom scenarios is also real easy to do. In fact, there could've been a random scenario generator and the game would have still worked.
Something like:
1) Place a random tile
2) throw a dice and check the result:
- if you threw a "1", place a random tile north of the existing one.
- if you threw a "2", place a random tile east of the existing one.
- "3" -> south
- "4" -> west
- "5" -> on top of the existing tile
- "6" -> reroll
3) repeat step 2 four more times (you'll have 6 tiles put in the end).
4) throw a dice and check the result:
- "1": objective is to survive the deck of opponents
- "2": objective is to put dice in the special room before turn "X" and prevent the destruction of any room. You have to survive "X" turn.
- "3": etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to check over the forums for rules questions, esp. about line of sight. The rules seem clear but they aren't.

And the designer has published at least one more scenario here.

It's a *fantastic* game. One of the all time forgotten classics. If you're playing solo, be sure to play with multiple characters. The more you have, the more the options explode!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
An additional scenario has been posted by the designer in the "variants" section of the forum.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1618785/new-mission-back-en...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.