Subject: What does the Graveyard card do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dusty C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain what this card does? I don't understand what the A & B mean. The image behind them doesn't really resemble any of the other resources like law, gold or force. Aside from being circular, I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The (A) and (B) are references to wild influence of differing types, this is also on the player aid for future reference. So, the Graveyard is saying that you can collect 2 influence but they must be different.

I hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much. I looked at the player aid (box bottom, right?) I thought we'd just get 2(X) if they referenced wild influence.

Ohhhh, okay. I think I understand now. If it was 2(X), I could take 2 law, if I chose. This is simply stating that I can take two of whatever influence I want, but it must be separate from one another. Do I have that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I believe you guys forgot to include that in the rule book. The only place I can find rules for it is on the player aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hill
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm loving this game but the symbolism is a bit confusing and sometimes doesn't make as much sense as it could.

For example in TEW, 2X means 2 of DIFFERENT resources and 2xx means 2 of the SAME resources..? This is the wrong way around in my opinion.

Also some of the text is a bit odd. For example, many of the cards say 'do x in phase 3 or phase 4'. I would prefer the cards to say 'do x in the poker/ buy phase'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
2(X) doesn't mean 2 different. It means 2 of your choice. They very well could be the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: This post does not describe the correct way to do things in TEW.

Adrian Hill wrote:
For example in TEW, 2X means 2 of DIFFERENT resources and 2xx means 2 of the SAME resources..? This is the wrong way around in my opinion.

Yeah, for me (X) looks like "choose a resource". So (X)(X) looks like "choose a resource plus choose a resource", because the choosing is depicted twice. 2(X) on the other hand has only one choosing symbol, so it appears that you would choose once and then take two of the chosen kind.

Maybe this is useful feedback to consider for future games.

To be clear: It is exactly the opposite way around in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"X X" meaning two resources would've been clearer (especially in contrast with "A B") if it were written "A A". In that case, 2X (or 2A) would be less likely to be misunderstood.

I experienced the same confusion initially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.