4 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Artillery and Watchtower tokens positioning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabrizio N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Can Humans activate the Watchtower and the Artillery Structures to place the corresponding tokens in Regions they do not control?

I guess it boils down to whether these round tokens follow the same rule set for the Structures or not. I would say yes but I couldn't find confirmation of this in the manual, FAQ or forums.

I would be also interested in knowing what's the rational behind these tokens.
Could the game just use the activation of the primary Structure as a way of triggering the effect given by these round tokens, similarly to the Machine's Bunker or Trog's Trap?

The game is awesome by the way, from both gameplay and components point of view. Well done to Portal thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe sedita
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Yes, you can activate them to place tokens into regions you do not control. However, you can't place tokens into battle regions, as they are "locked." You want to place tokens in regions you expect to fight in, therefore. (The tokens are not structures.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can't actually start a battle with just the tokens correct?

They are just to give you additional temporary units before invading, using artillery, or defending, using the watch towers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
No, only minis can trigger a battle, when they walk into a Region with other minis or Trogs tokens.

Watch Tower tokens give the equivalent of one mini in the Region Control Objective, Artillery tokens give 2 in the Attrition objective.

They can be used defensively e.g. in Human territories or even offensively, in case for example the Humans place those tokens in a enemy's Region and then in the following actions moves the minis in, triggering the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.