Hide
3 Posts

Legends of Andor» Forums » Rules

Subject: minor problems with Legend 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ares dante
msg tools
Today we played the Legend 1 for our first time (3 Players). Card B1 says that the goal is to defeat the creatures before they reach the castle. As we defeated the last creature on the board the white narrator token was already at "M". So what should happen now? I wasn`t able to figure out from the rule book what to do next. So we decided to immediately reveal the next legend card which was H1. We did not reset the the narrator token to "A" and so we lost a few moments later.
Was is correct to reveal the next legend card or should we be waiting and do nothing until the next day? Also was it correct not to reset the narrator token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Donks
Netherlands
Sprang-Capelle
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if the translation on your card is correct, but I'm pretty sure that is not your goal to defeat all monsters before they reach the castle.
The castle must be defended from too many monsters entering. With three players two monsters can enter the castle. If the third monsters enters, the legend is lost.

If a monster is defeated, move it to space 80 and move the narrator up one space. As soon as the narrator reaches a spot that has the same capitol as the next legend card, it must be read out loud immediately.

In future legends monstertiles must be handled before reading a new legend card, but I guess that will be clear to you once you are ready for that legend.

Good luck and enjoy the wonderful world of Andor!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You reveal the next legend card the moment the narrator reaches the field with the respective letter. So if you were at field 'M', you should have revealed the next card long ago and discovered the real objective if the legend.

Also, as you have noticed, defeating monsters is both a blessing and a curse. You should consider carefully which monsters to kill and which ones to leave alone.

You never reset the narrator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.