United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
http://abc7ny.com/1533537/

This is local news. Long Island has had some problems with clown violence the past few months. No, that's not a joke. Yes, there have been attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
At Haunted Houses, the new thing (for at least the last five years [when I started going to haunted houses again]) was this 3-D Paint. This bright neon looking paint, when you put on the glasses, looks 3D. It's a really cool effect.

As I said, it's really bright neon colors, so most places tend to use this paint in a "Scary Clown" theme. Obviously, the clown escaped from their cages and have been terrorizing the neighborhood. Clearly they're keeper was asleep on the job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Would they much rather prefer SCARY-amounts of 'makeup' on "supposed" regular-folk? We have that here, and "driving" 'Public Transit' even. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
http://abc7ny.com/1533537/

This is local news. Long Island has had some problems with clown violence the past few months. No, that's not a joke. Yes, there have been attacks.

This alert was just sent out by our school to parents:

Quote:
We have received a threat against the school that mimics the national/regional trend where social media profiles associated with clowns make threats against organizations/schools. At this time the threat does not appear to be credible, but we have been working with CSPD to ensure the safety of our campus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a story yesterday where they were interviewing the President Elect of some national clown organization (no, not the GOP) and asked her if this Scary Clown thing was affecting the perception of clowns. I guess it keeps getting bigger every Halloween season with people dressed as evil clowns scaring people. That story was in response to a kid getting chased by a scary clown with a knife

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good to know that all the technology and communication of the modern age doesn't make humans immune to good ol' silly mass hysteria.

Wait...is that good to know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just had the same thing at my high school, although we didn't go on lockdown for it.

The email I got this afternoon. The most alarming thing in it is the overuse of quotation marks:

Quote:
Everyone,

We have been made aware that the "clown" situation is appearing all over the country and in Xenia on social media. Some of our students have done a good job of informing us right away, and although this is thought to be a "hoax", we will have police on school grounds at dismissal today. If students are nervous, please remind them we are in a very safe place with locked doors, lots of cameras, and many security measures. However, please be vigilant this afternoon with monitoring students and keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea this whole thing of people dressing as clowns as creeping people out has been escalating. I expect someone to shoot one of these dumb fuckers if this keeps up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/30/us/creepy-clown-hoaxes-arr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been going on in Wisconsin for several months now. Hilarious, until the shotgun blast. What some clowns won't do for their art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
It has been going on in Wisconsin for several months now. Hilarious, until the shotgun blast. What some clowns won't do for their art.

What.... no commentary on how they all wear white make-up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
If there's a rash of lumberjack assaults I am soooo screwed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Creepy Clown Hoaxes Lead to 12 Arrests in Multiple States
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Koldfoot wrote:
If there's a rash of lumberjack assaults I am soooo screwed.
cool Just recently 'got' that "Yukon"-doll from "Rudolph the RED-nose Reindeer", while shouldn't this depict some ""Gold-rush era""-figure of 'lore'?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
khrusty !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg von Lemberg
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't anyone tell my son or he'll be calling in clown sightings to the principal's office on a daily basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DAD????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.