Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Roll a Tan & Black die and place the following in that result if Hard (if unplayable, use highest # playable result). Cells are placed Active side up.

Tan 1. United States 2. Canada ...
Black 1. 1 & 2 Plot 2. 3 Plot & 2 Cells ...

I am not sure where to start on this. This is a very confusing card. This is my paraphrase:

Roll a Tan & Black die

place the Black Die result in
the Tan Die result if Hard
otherwise, the highest playable number (i.e. starting with 6 "Any Hard Schengen", then France, etc...)
Cells are placed Active side up.

Tan 1. United States 2. Canada ...
Black 1. 1 & 2 Plot 2. 3 Plot & 2 Cells ...

I think I am OK to the otherwise, though the wording on the card is pretty ambiguous. Otherwise Any Hard Schengen nullifies the next three, so it would be any Hard Schengen then Canada, then US.

I am not sure if this is correct though. Any help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Bender
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
I just noticed that a key word is missing from the card, thus the confusion both in this post and a previous from last week. The text within the parenthesis should state: "(if unplayable, use next highest playable result)". Note the insertion of the word "next" before "highest".

For example, if a Tan die of 1 is rolled, and the US is not Hard, then look and see if #2 Canada is Hard and if so trigger the black die role result there. If Canada is not hard, then look and see of #3 UK is Hard, if not, then #4 Benelux, if not, then #5 France, and if not, then for #6 the Jihadist player would choose any one Hard Schengen country. If none are Hard, then the event is unplayable.

My apologies this one slipped through in the review process. It will be noted in the errata and any future reprints.

The intent is that the country had to be already Hard in order to be considered a viable target (i.e. government actions have drawn the attention of Jihadists to that country). Do not test an unmarked county that is rolled, but instead proceed down the list of countries until a viable target (an already Hard country) is identified.

Also, as a clarification, in game terms the United Kingdom is not a Schengen country, and with the recent BREXIT vote, will not be in any future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko starts an errata thread to his games and updates the thread as needed. I would be most happy if you did the same here. Thanks for answering our questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Bender
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Mark, I am working on an Errata Q&A sheet. I still have a number of items to add to it and then send it out for review. My intent is to post it by 8 October 2016 and then update it as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.