Tyrel Lohr
United States
Lusk
Wyoming
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I just wanted to leave a note over here on BGG to let people know that we've started a community project to develop new rules for VBAM and take a look at what has worked and not worked over the two editions and see what changes and improvements can be made to the rules.

I've set up a sub-forum on the VBAM forums to facilitate the discussion:

http://forums.vbamgames.com/viewforum.php?f=38

We have setup a GoogleDoc that everyone can add comments and ideas to as we develop and refine the new rules that people have based off their own experiences with the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrel Lohr
United States
Lusk
Wyoming
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I thought I'd post another update to let people know that work is continuing on Galaxies. We have about 117 pages of rules implemented in the publicly shared Google Doc, and I think we're narrowing down the changes that need to be made to implement the single squadron task force combat rules.

I'm finally to a point on the revisions that I'm jumping back in to start playtesting again and will keep everyone informed about how that testing goes. It's positive progress, and so far I think the changes we've discussed over at the VBAM forums seem to be simplifying the rules in several key ways to eliminate some bookkeeping and keep the game going.

One thing that might be of interest to the BGG crowd is that we're testing a change where you step through the Sequence of Play phase by phase more like it is a board game rather than drafting all your turn orders up front. That has introduced a few interesting wrinkles that it will be interesting to see shake out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.