14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Tricky request - Board game in the clouds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Gutschmidt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a game board where the board illustration shows a sky with clouds - I'm thinking something worker-placement ish with a Zeus or aircraft or Steampunk theme - the key bit being there are clouds you would place pieces onto - any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Doyle
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
The only game I can think of that has clouds on the board is Cloud 9. But it's not worker placement at all, it's a push your luck game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.Daddy.Slim
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Beggarking wrote:
I'm looking for a game board where the board illustration shows a sky with clouds - I'm thinking something worker-placement ish with a Zeus or aircraft or Steampunk theme - the key bit being there are clouds you would place pieces onto - any suggestions?

Question: Do you have a qame in mind that you don't know the name of? or are you looking for recommendations of games that fit that artwork, theme and game mechanic?

Sorry, it wasn't clear to me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marguerite Cottrell
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beggarking wrote:

Dilluvia Project has clouds on the outside, but the worker placement is on the board. Kings of Air and Steam has clouds, but it's more pick up and deliver/programming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Quicho
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a worker placement game, but Via Nebula basically has cloud in its name as well as on the board. It's a pick-up-and-deliver game with beautiful artwork and components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah Dilluvia Project is a great suggestion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gutschmidt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter - I'm actually just looking for a game board that fits the description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gutschmidt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - these are great suggestions. Cloud 9 is along the lines of what I was looking for, but Dulluvia and Via Nebula are gorgeous, Kings of Air and Steam and Euphoria could both work OK. Thanks much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romaric B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cloud 9 has been recently reimplemented as Celestia, which is much prettier (but has sky islands instead of clouds, so might not fit the bill).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adolph Pernal
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Broom Service
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gutschmidt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celestia is cool - great suggestion, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gutschmidt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohmigosh - I cant believe I didn't think of Broom Service - its ben on my "to get" list for awhile... Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Test
Sea of clouds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.