Hide
5 Posts

Escape Room: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Age Appropriate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrick Hibbler
msg tools
I'm curious as to if this is rating 16+ because of mature content or because of difficulty? Can anyone shed some light on this. Just wondering if I can play with my family. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Its probably because they dont want to go through testing for any kid parts.

Theme wise you do "die" if you don't finish in the hour. There's a non-graphic dead body drawing in the 2nd case and the premise of the third case is a Nuclear bomb so that might be considered kid-unfriendly.

Otherwise I can't think of anything that would prevent younger ones from playing along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Hibbler
msg tools
Awesome. Thanks for the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Müller
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
jodehi wrote:
I'm curious as to if this is rating 16+ because of mature content or because of difficulty? Can anyone shed some light on this. Just wondering if I can play with my family. Thanks.

From publisher-side:

I've tested the game with 12-year-olds and 14-year-olds. There were some groups that did perfectly fine and made it in time, but also some groups where the kids were having problems. Together with adults, children do quite well, but I felt better giving the game a 16+ rating (at least for the German version).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Hibbler
msg tools
Excellent. Thanks for the information. I'll try it out with my family and see what happens. Looking forward to playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.