Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
Santarém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't know if this is a printing error, or it's supposed to be like this. I'm talking about the black lines at an interception and the corresponding black square. I have some questions regarding the picture:

- If Jack is in 28 and the Red Policeman is in the red circle, can Jack move up and left to number 26(not seen in the picture)? It seems like the black lines that go to the left don't pass under the black square;

- Can the Green Policeman ask for clues/make an arrest on number 46? Again, it seems like the black lines that go to that number don't pass under the black square.

There are other situations like these on the board, and some are even harder to tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm 90% certain yes to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Download the FAQ: Letters from Whitechapel FAQ

Specifically, the third entry in the Jack's Movement section deals with half a dozen intersections where the map is less clear than it should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been discussed before (check the FAQ in the files section).

Long story short, it is not a printing error and is indeed intentional. However, because it is extremely hard to tell (and virtually impossible if there is a policemen token standing on it) some people disregard them and treat them as if they were normal crossings like everywhere else on the board.

Thats how we play, however your free to choose as you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look on jack's player screen, you can see this isn't a printing error. Jack's player screen shows the same thing, and I feel it's actually clearer on it.

No reason not to play it as intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.