Food Chain Magnate» Forums » General

Subject: German Translation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Schuster
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, anybody maybe knows if there will be a Full translation of the Game in German? the cards still be in English right now...

Will there be a new "more beautiful" version of the city tiles comming up? i want to buy the game but i hope for a new version and translated cards.
Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23230992#23230992

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljon Vizewsky
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Jesse Custer wrote:

He's not asking whether those things have changed, but whether they WILL change. In response to that, me and quite a few of other people would also like a nicer looking game, but our pleas fell on deaf ears. I would assume the same will be with a german translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One could induce that the fact if there were no changes from 3rd to 4th and from 4th to 5th, in a category of games adored by meticulous/picky/on-the-spectrum players, then there would be no change for the 6th printing.

All the errors were found/corrected to the publisher's satisfaction and potential customers are left to choose if they're on-board with it as-is. The fact that it has had so many printings in one year probably goes to show that the kind of people that want "prettier" aren't the kind of people that shop at Splotter's shop.

Serious suggestions: The only recourse for the ones who know their group would love this game if not for the ugly map, is to either buy the game and re-do the map tiles themselves (added advantage: if you find a 4/5-player game takes too long, you can play two side-by-side games with the existing components and the extra pretty tiles); or try and convince another publisher to buy the rights to further printings so they can pimp it out with bright yellows, oranges, greens, perhaps interlocking tiles, and linen finish cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor van Santen
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some nice version of city tiles exist in the files section:
Replacement Land Tiles
Photo realistic tiles

I personally found these to be the most pleasant and therefore pimped my game with these:
Cwhitpan's Replacement Tiles, Houses and Gardens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.