4,133 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
26% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Francesco M
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Following the Delve Quest variant concept, We have tested the quest “The search for Karaz Ankor”. I hope you will also enjoy it and I am looking forward to your feedbacks.

Out of all the nations that had faced the wrath of the Skaven race, none have felt such defeats and misery at the hands of these vermin like the Dwarfs of Karaz Ankor. After centuries ancient enemies seem to have disappeared from the ancient fortress and tales of endless glory have brought you to reclaim it.

SETUP

Enemies

First set: shuffle Warlock Engineers, Gutter Runners, Jezzail Team, 3 open Tier II enemies and 3 open Tier III enemies

Note: after making the first set, return the three left Tier III enemies to the box.

Second set: shuffle Clanrats, Rat Swarms, 9 open Tier I enemies and 9 open Tier II enemies

Note: after making the second set, return the three left Tier I enemies to the box.

Place the second set on the first shuffled set

Locations

Place the Ancient Redoubt location card as the bottom of the location deck.

Shuffle the Tier II locations with the trait "Ruin" or "Civilized" (there are three in the core game) and place three above the Ancient Redoubt location card

Shuffle the Tier I locations with the trait "Ruin" or "Civilized" (there are five in the core game) and place three above the Tier II locations.

Additional rules

When the counter reaches the blue or red peril do not return enemies in the box as described in the Delve Quest. Instead, during the game, remove all the discarded enemies which are not "Rat Swarm" or don't have the trait "Skaven".

If the counter reach the red peril heroes can still recover health (do not apply FAQ 1.0).

If the counter is on the red peril and you have to move it again (or you reach the Ancient Redoubt location), take instead the Firepower quest and place the counter on the first peril spot. Follow now the instruction on the Firepower quest ignoring the setup rules.

By venturing into undergound tunnels you have finally reached the basement of the fire tower, the main tower of the fortress which could eventually lead you to the surface. A group of skaven see you approaching and, fearing their domain lost, they immediately pull some levers activating their emergency explosives with the intent of burying you under the tower. However, Dwarven expertise must no be understimate and the tower seems to resist to the damage. Then, suddenly a monstrous creature charge towards you breaking another wall of the fortress. You don’t have too much time...

Heroes will still be able to replace basic actions and recover health according to the instruction on the Delve Quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this variant.

I made a quest card for this one. Tell me what you think of it or if you spot mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco M
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kin Hassar wrote:
Thanks for this variant
I made a quest card for this one. Tell me what you think of it or if you spot mistakes.

Thank you very much to you for your hard work,

I wasn't hoping for it but indeed, after all the modifications I thought also I should have made a dedicated card.

I have spot some mistakes you could change but I will have a careful look at it and I will come back to you probably before the end of next week.

By the way I wasn't sure to put already in the template because there is one last very small modification I was thinking about for both the adventures to further increase the replayability of the adventures.

Basically instead of getting a legendary gear when arriving to Tier III locations, the heroes will simply start with a gear capacity of 2. This will allow the players to test more combination during the game without being "stuck" with the legendary gears. We think it should work but We have still to test it although.

Thanks again for all your great work !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco M
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kin Hassar wrote:
Thanks for this variant

Hello, unfortunately I have some problems with internet connection but I have modified all the content in order to be more easily adapted for the card. See below:

THE SEARCH FOR KARAZ ANKOR

Out of all the nations that had faced the wrath of the Skaven race, none have felt such defeats and misery at the hands of these vermin like the Dwarfs of Karaz Ankor. After centuries ancient enemies seem to have disappeared from the ancient fortress and tales of endless glory have brought you to reclaim it.

SETUP

Enemies:

Shuffle Warlock Engineers, Gutter Runners, Jezzail Team, 3 open Tier II enemies and 3 open Tier III enemies together. Shuffle Clanrats, Rat Swarms, 9 open Tier I enemies and 9 open Tier II enemies together and place them on the first shuffled set.
Place the Odious Grump nemesis card in the nemesis lair, he spawns through peril effects. Set aside the Unkel and the Abomination nemesis cards; neither begins in the nemesis lair but both are moved there and spawned through peril effects.

Locations:

Shuffle 3 Tier II locations with the trait "Ruin" or "Civilized" and place them on the Ancient Redoubt location card. Shuffle 3 Tier I locations with the trait "Ruin" or "Civilized" and place these on the Tier II locations.

Gear and Dungeon Decks:

Shuffle 29 open gear cards and 2 Legendary Fortune cards together. Shuffle 36 open dungeon cards together. Place the Cannon dungeon card facedown in the nemesis lair. A hero can claim it by fully exploring the Ancient Redoubt location card.

ADDITIONAL RULES

At start each hero has a gear capacity of 2. Remove all the discarded enemies which are not "Rat Swarm" or don't have the trait "Skaven" before reshuffling the enemy cards.

When the party travels to the first Tier II location and the Ancient Redoubt location, each hero readies all of his actions, increase his gear capacity by 1, flips 1 depleted gear card faceup, replace 1 of his basic actions with its advanced version (replace 2 when travelling to the Ancient Redoubt location). Then, the party collectively recovers 12 wounds.

Randomly claims 1 of his legendary gear cards when travelling to the first Tier II location.

Turn faceup the Cannon when travelling to the Ancient Redoubt location. The cannon is claimed through the location effect and can be used multiple times during this quest. Each time the cannon is used, instead of depleting it, place it in the nemesis lair.

PERIL EFFECTS

1st Green Peril Effect:

Spawn Odious Grump, place Unkel in the nemesis lair, and decreased peril by 3. This peril effect can only resolve once per quest.

1st Blue Peril Effect:

Spawn Unkel, place the Abomination in the nemesis lair, and decreased peril by 3. This peril effect can only resolve once per quest.

1st Red Peril Effect:

Spawn the Abomination.

Next Green Peril Effects:

The abomination’s flailing limbs have broken another hole in the walls. Shrieking monster skitter through the hole and leap to attack.

Spawn 2 enemies engaged with the party and 1 enemy facedown to the shadows.

The first time you resolve this peril effect after travelling to the Ancient Redoubt location, read:

You identify the basement as part of the fire tower, core of the fortress. Fearing their domain lost, the Skaven trigger explosive charges but the tower seems to resist to the damage. For now…

2nd Red Peril Effect:

The tower still stands but begins to crumble. The ancient fortress will soon be little more than a field of rubble.

The Ancient Redoubt is destroyed (see “Defeat” below).

Victory:

If the Abomination is defeated, resolve “Reward” on the back of this sheet

Defeat:

If the Ancient Redoubt is destroyed, or if all heroes are defeated, resolve “Penalty” on the back of this sheet.

Reward:

With a final roar, the abomination collapses, its skin splitting along crude seams and the surviving rat-men flee. You find yourselves alone in the fortress, dreaming about the treasures waiting for you.

The party wins the delve quest!
You can play now a Tier III Quest. Perform a Settlement Stage and create a campaign pool with 3 Legendary Fortune gear cards.

Penalty:

As the fortress crumble around you, you scramble down the shattered walls and flee with your lives. The bellowing of the rat-monster abomination will haunt you for the rest of your days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.