Subject: Buy expansions for the Mage Knight 1st printing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was planning on picking up expansions for this game but after reading here on the general forum there seem to be some problems with different colors on tokens, different cards and such.

I have the first print of Mage knight (found that out in this thread https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/971171/which-printing-versi...).

I was thinking of buying Lost Legion and maybe Shades of Tezla. Is it vital that I buy the latest printning of these? I have found a copy of LL but I think that is an old print run (it is very cheap).

Happy if you can sort this out for me

Is there a difference in color of cards/tokens and card sizes in the different base game printings aswell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of which print runs you buy, there will be inconsistencies and mismatches between components. It's best to just live with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok but is it still ok to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My advice (if you can stand it) is to play with the expansions and just do your best to ignore the various inconsistencies in the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
My advice (if you can stand it) is to play with the expansions and just do your best to ignore the various inconsistencies in the components.

I think I can stand it since the game is so good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.