Popular Tags: [View All]
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK,

Having now played most of a game here and thoroughly enjoyed it I am willing to give running a game a go.

I know that John McIntosh wants to play but obviously I need 5 more players.

John does not own AH so it will have to be base game or AM only.

Feel free to post here to sign up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm certainly willing to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McIntosh
msg tools
Yes I am in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we are up to 3. 3 more needed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Whitfield
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am willing to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm willing to try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I make it 4 players interested so far.

I am still working out how to edit the map and will aim to get something ready soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I counted John twice. So yeah, we got 4. We need 2 more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Derekx
France
flag msg tools
mb
I'm in, if you have a place for a french guy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chassdeau wrote:
I'm in, if you have a place for a french guy!

Sure, I make that 5.

Looks like I am going to have to sort out editing that file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will play, allthough i am not sure what i am committing to, as i have never done this before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karstenengelmann wrote:
I will play, allthough i am not sure what i am committing to, as i have never done this before!

It is not too bad, we play at whatever pace suits people. If you look at the Phony War thread for example then you will see that moves are relatively rapid but there are gaps.

At the moment I am not going to be able to really start things till Friday next week. I will though look to get an initial list of starting hands and such to players before then so we can start properly on the Friday or thereabouts.

What would help me a little is to know if any of the six players have any preferences for which side they want to play.

Also I am assuming we will be playing with Air Marshal but only if everyone is happy with that.

Cheers

Hammy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karstenengelmann wrote:

You are basically committing to keeping track of the game, posting your moves in a timely manner, and following the rules for online play, all of which is pretty painless :-)

Generally speaking, playing a turn per day keeps things moving nicely--if you look at the most recent game (Phony War in the next thread down), we generally got a full turn (i.e. all 6 players posting moves) done in about a day, counting for time differences. Once and a while, things slowed down over a weekend if someone was away, but generally speaking, getting a turn done per day is reasonable pace that we should all try to make happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hammy wrote:
Also I am assuming we will be playing with Air Marshal but only if everyone is happy with that.

I'm 100% pro using Air Marshal, but realize that using Air Marshal for online play vastly increases the complication of playing online, as you need to spend a lot of time checking for responses (actual Response cards, but also reactive Bolsters and air plane use) and waiting for people to check in and see if then need to do something special when it is not their turn.

Again, I'm totally ok with it, but it requires a lot more hands on moderation and everyone keeping track of what is going on when it isn't their turn. Which is why most online games tend to use just the base rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bakija wrote:
Hammy wrote:

I'm 100% pro using Air Marshal, but realize that using Air Marshal for online play vastly increases the complication of playing online, as you need to spend a lot of time checking for responses (actual Response cards, but also reactive Bolsters and air plane use) and waiting for people to check in and see if then need to do something special when it is not their turn.

Again, I'm totally ok with it, but it requires a lot more hands on moderation and everyone keeping track of what is going on when it isn't their turn. Which is why most online games tend to use just the base rules.

Good point sir. As this will be my first stab at moderating perhaps I should just go for the base game?

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Derekx
France
flag msg tools
mb
It will be easier for you.

I'm also a pro using Air Marshal. I'll follow your choice.

A random nation for me^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in favor of playing with all of the expansions (all, right...both) or whatever.

I will take random country, but since I am such a francophile I want to be with the French guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Whitfield
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am for the base game or air marshall expansion whichever you feel comfortable with. I will play any nation that I am given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hammy wrote:

Good point sir. As this will be my first stab at moderating perhaps I should just go for the base game?

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Honestly, I'd suggest just trying it out with the base game first--we have a couple people who have never played online before and a new moderator; with just the base game, it is a *lot* easier to moderate. I mean, like, I'm good either way, but in terms of ease of play, base game is a lot easier to manage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either regular game or Air Marshal are fine with me. Random country is fine too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McIntosh
msg tools
Will fit in with everyone elsed. Random fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the new game still a thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oakfed wrote:
Is the new game still a thing?

James said (a few posts up) that he'd be starting the game this Friday, give or take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right you are - missed that one. Till Friday, then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.