Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Although the structures themselves cannot be placed in a Battle Region, can their tokens be placed there if adjacent to the structure?

2. Can a single Structure place multiple tokens if activated more than once?

3. Can Watchtower or Artillery tokens ever be moved/repositioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
1. Although the structures themselves cannot be placed in a Battle Region, can their tokens be placed there if adjacent to the structure?

No. The state of a Battle Region cannot be changed once it becomes a Battle Region, unless a Skill or Structure says explicitly otherwise.

chas59 wrote:
2. Can a single Structure place multiple tokens if activated more than once?

Yes. If the activations are spread over several Actions in a Round. Each building may only be activated once per action.

Rulebook, Pg 9 wrote:
A Building can only be Activated once per Action, but can be Activated multiple times in a single Round if you take the Build Action again.

chas59 wrote:

No. Neither on the board, nor in the Battle Resolution phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Thanks very much. This concludes the questions I had from my very first 3 Player solitaire game. I did try scanning the Rules, Official and Nonofficial FAQ, and even many rules threads before asking about this and the previous question (FAQs Authors take note!)

It helps assure that my first face to face game in a couple of hours will be played more correctly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
chas59 wrote:

In this thread Grant indicates that building structures and tokens can be moved with future activations. It isn't clear if there are restrictions on where they can be moved from though (e.g. can I "rebuild" a building that is locked down in a battle region). Either way if this is the correct ruling it should be included in the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vantastic wrote:
jmathias wrote:
chas59 wrote:

In this thread Grant indicates that building structures and tokens can be moved with future activations. It isn't clear if there are restrictions on where they can be moved from though (e.g. can I "rebuild" a building that is locked down in a battle region). Either way if this is the correct ruling it should be included in the FAQ.

His wording says move, but what he means is if you want to build a structure and have no tokens in your supply, you may pay to build that structure and remove the structure from the board and then place it in the new location where you want to build it. It's not technically moving a building. It is removing and rebuilding.

That said, my understanding of this question was that it was referring to the "tokens" that Watchtower and Artillery Battery produce, not the structures themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Vantastic wrote:
jmathias wrote:
chas59 wrote:

His wording says move, but what he means is if you want to build a structure and have no tokens in your supply, you may pay to build that structure and remove the structure from the board and then place it in the new location where you want to build it. It's not technically moving a building. It is removing and rebuilding.

That said, my understanding of this question was that it was referring to the "tokens" that Watchtower and Artillery Battery produce, not the structures themselves.

Totally agree with you James, I like your wording as it is much more precise than what I used. I simply brought it up because in the next posts of that thread Grant clarifies that his answer applies for "All Structure tokens" when asked specifically "Does the same go for the actual buildings, or just for the activation markers?".

In sum his answers seem to imply that you can similarly remove and reposition building activation tokens (like artillery) with subsequent build actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vantastic wrote:
jmathias wrote:
Vantastic wrote:
jmathias wrote:
chas59 wrote:

Totally agree with you James, I like your wording as it is much more precise than what I used. I simply brought it up because in the next posts of that thread Grant clarifies that his answer applies for "All Structure tokens" when asked specifically "Does the same go for the actual buildings, or just for the activation markers?".

In sum his answers seem to imply that you can similarly remove and reposition building activation tokens (like artillery) with subsequent build actions.

Well I suppose there isn't anything in the rules that prevents "moving" a generated token to another legal location if all of that type of token is already on the board. So it would work the same as the rebuilding, you would pay to activate, remove the proper token, and place it on the board in a new location. However, I would say you could not do that if you had the proper token already in your supply. As you technically can't move tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Vantastic wrote:
jmathias wrote:
Vantastic wrote:
jmathias wrote:
chas59 wrote:

Well I suppose there isn't anything in the rules that prevents "moving" a generated token to another legal location if all of that type of token is already on the board. So it would work the same as the rebuilding, you would pay to activate, remove the proper token, and place it on the board in a new location. However, I would say you could not do that if you had the proper token already in your supply. As you technically can't move tokens.

Yes I agree that it would only be applicable if all of the available tokens were already placed (and only makes sense to do in that context even if otherwise permitted).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vantastic wrote:
jmathias wrote:
Vantastic wrote:
jmathias wrote:
Vantastic wrote:
jmathias wrote:
chas59 wrote:

Yes I agree that it would only be applicable if all of the available tokens were already placed (and only makes sense to do in that context even if otherwise permitted).

Yes, sorry. You can only MOVE Structures using the Machine Skill Moving City.

The "Move" I meant is what Van and James said. If all tokens are placed, yes, you can "move" one by activating again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Grant.
Could you confirm whether the humans need to control the region were they place the round artillery and watchtower token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and whether they can place it into a Battle Region?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Axiomystical wrote:
Hi Grant.
Could you confirm whether the humans need to control the region were they place the round artillery and watchtower token?

They do not have to control the region that the generated tokens are placed into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
...and whether they can place it into a Battle Region?

You cannot affect a Battle Region once it is formed, so no you cannot place generated tokens into those regions, unless the structure or skill card explicitly says you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
James is 2 for 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Many thanks gents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
The "Move" I meant is what Van and James said. If all tokens are placed, yes, you can "move" one by activating again.

So in this case, though you can't move/place a token into a battle region, when you move a token, can you take it out of a battle region - or is it locked in there, as troops are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad-Halfling wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:

So in this case, though you can't move/place a token into a battle region, when you move a token, can you take it out of a battle region - or is it locked in there, as troops are?

No, you cannot change the state of a Battle Region once it is formed. If you have no tokens in your supply, and all tokens on the board are in Battle Regions you can't place a token for that activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Another question, can the tokens be placed in an adjacent region controlled by another (not-Human) factions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Axiomystical wrote:
Another question, can the tokens be placed in an adjacent region controlled by another (not-Human) factions?

Yes, but they only resolve in a Battle Involving Humans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
HerrohGrant wrote:
Axiomystical wrote:

Yes, I understand that.
Despite, they look like quite powerfull little things.
Thanks very much for the fast replay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
Axiomystical wrote:

Is this for both Watchtower and Artillery? The rulebooks implies that some factions can have tokens present during a battle they're not involved in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captainraffi wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
Axiomystical wrote:

Is this for both Watchtower and Artillery? The rulebooks implies that some factions can have tokens present during a battle they're not involved in.

Yes it stands for both Watchtower and Artillery. The phrase from the rulebook about being a 3rd party in combat currently only applies to the Human Seek and Destroy Skill (as far as I can tell).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
Axiomystical wrote:

Well that is disappointing. Thematically I could see the Humans seeing two other factions fighting near their territory and dropping artillery on them to thin out both sides.

I had a action phase where I placed a artillery token and a watchtower token in a region I was planing to attack. Unfortunately one of the other factions attacked it first. So apparently the tokens just go to waste then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
XShrike wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
Axiomystical wrote:

Well that is disappointing. Thematically I could see the Humans seeing two other factions fighting near their territory and dropping artillery on them to thin out both sides.

I had a action phase where I placed a artillery token and a watchtower token in a region I was planing to attack. Unfortunately one of the other factions attacked it first. So apparently the tokens just go to waste then...

Anticipate the actions of others, and be sure to place yourself in a more advantageous position on the initiative track. The humans have countless other advantages, so limiting the Artillery here is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.